Woodfella

A Super Fun Quiz for everyone!

Hi, hello... Four years later I decided to make a new one.

I isolated the triangle wave channels from some NES tracks and your formidable challenge is to identify the games and maybe even the specific tracks.

This is not my favorite nes basslines from the best tunes - I just semi randomly chose relatively well known tracks where the tri wave was interesting but still not the most identifiable element (e.g. the melody)

* Here's also some cool trivia https://chiptuneswin.com/blog/the-more-you-know-the-famicomnes2a03-triangle-channel/

Edit: Games included:

Spoiler

Balloon Fight
Battletoads
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Chip N Dale
Ducktales
Final Fantasy
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 3
Tetris
Zelda
Zelda 2

I just wanna say that I *love* the concept of this quiz. Also, there's no way in hell I could even guess at any of them.

EDIT: I take it back, #9 is clearly

Spoiler

TLoZ Dungeon Theme. But tbh I actually DO think that's the most identifiable element of that track.

1 hour ago, dium said:

I just wanna say that I *love* the concept of this quiz. Also, there's no way in hell I could even guess at any of them.

Thanks! Yeah, I realized it's probably way too hard and obscure even for NES lovers... So, here's the list of games included (not in the right order of course) so you can try to match them with the clips and bonus points if you know where the track plays in the game/ track title. And yep, you got #9 right.

Spoiler

Balloon Fight
Battletoads
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Chip N Dale
Ducktales
Final Fantasy
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Mega Man
Mega Man 2