Sign in to follow this  
singlespace

Vulcan Neck Pinches and Other Such Things

FYI there's a general Star Trek thread here. I don't think we talked much about fan films though. I think the general consensus on the Thumbs IRC a while back was that they are shit...

Haha, no way! The James Cawley/Phase II ones are totally charming! (sidebar, I love that his Star Trek fan films are funded by a day job of Elvis Impersonator).

How are they going to get away with raising a quarter million dollars to make a Star Trek movie without the wrath of Paramount? 

FYI there's a general Star Trek thread here. I don't think we talked much about fan films though. I think the general consensus on the Thumbs IRC a while back was that they are shit...

Thanks, I couldn't see anything on cursory search, hence why I made a new thread.

I don't think we talked much about fan films though. I think the general consensus on the Thumbs IRC a while back was that they are shit...

That's why I made this post actually: the Axanar short was released about a week ago and isn't half bad, rough in spots, but they work within their resources and skill to good effect.

It also helps that they have Tony Todd, Kate Vernon and Richard Hatch from Battlestar Galactica, J.G. Hertzler who played Martok from DS9, and Gary Graham who played Ambassador Soval from Enterprise. The fans themselves who are driving the project, along with staff, appear to be primarily composed of professionals as well.

Tony Todd played Worf's brother, right?

EDIT: ah, didn't see you had also copied this over to the Star Trek thread