Sign in to follow this  
Jutranjo

The Witcher Adventure Game (Boardgame on PC)

Beta keys for this went out a few days ago. You can play anonymous matchmaking or private lobbies. The UI, menu and gameplay seem to be for a touch screen, it's a bit cumbersome at points for a mouse.

I'd show some screenshots of it but the email had this included

We know the beta is not restricted by any sort of NDA, but on behalf of CD PROJEKT RED we kindly ask you not to publish and/or stream any gameplay videos from it. As you know, the game is in a very early stage of development, and at this point it's not representative of the final, polished and feature-complete product quality they are striving to deliver. Thank you in advance! :)

It's an electronic version of a physical board game that's already made so it's unlikely they'll be changing the rules. The UI will probably be improved so you could view how many dices you were going to throw or what the faces on them were. Maybe you could look through the decks before the game starts so it would at least try to be a boardgame.

Players pick quest cards to complete and they give players victory points. When the quest limit of 1, 3 or 5 quests is achieved, the one with the most victory points wins. Every time you complete a quest you get to choose one from two new ones. To complete quests you move your figure around a map of around 12 points (cities, castles, etc.). When you move you get tokens of one of 3 different colours. To complete a quest you need some amount of tokens and to move to a certain spot. You can draw cards that give some tokens and even more tokens if you move to a certain location on the card. There's also fights where the computer throws dice for you, then you drag them into slots.

The game has a few ok ideas but it's an entirely solo endeavour. Players do not interact in any way, besides that sometimes someone spawns a monster in your area, but you might have spawned that one by yourself anyway since there's so many chances for a deck of cards to give you a Nidhog to murder slightly slow you down. The only interaction I've had with my buddy playing this is how far along to the quest limit is he. Besides that I don't care what he does. I've played a bunch of boardgames but none have had so little player interaction, even Dominion has more! Players fight over nothing but completion time, which is independent for each player.