erlog

Nuclear Throne: Oh! I accidentally ate my gun.

My problem is that I could easily get to the ice level after about 50 runs, but always struggle with the boss there. Now, I'm too busy trying to rush through the earlier levels, that I get careless and die.

Plus, the sandpeople? looking guys in the first area can't aim for shit. Which means when I move to dodge their bullet, I usually end up moving myself into the path of it.

I think mastery in this game is largely a matter of being able to effectively parse what's happening on screen at any given time. Most of my deaths are because I failed to notice the one deadly thing that mattered because I was focussing on some other deadly thing. Also learning to pace yourself, so that there are less deadly things on screen to worry about at any given moment. But also knowing when to just go balls-out bullet hell when the game decides to spawn you into some ungodly mess and then Lil Hunter is there and a thousand snow dogs are charging at you and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Basically fuck this game is what I'm saying.

Ayyyyy, I made it to the throne with Eyes and beat it first time!! That attack it opens with is cheap as shit. Also, melee weapons are the best. I severely under appreciated them, but with long arms they are just godly.

long arms, that mutation that sends guys flying when you kill them and any heavy melee weapon is fantastic. 

Also any crossbow and homing arrows. Whenever i get either of these combinations, I know it's going to be a good run. 

Yup! It's crazy how melee weapons go from being practically useless early game, to being top tier late game with all the junk flying around.