I guess then I would say I would rather play with people that are better than me. In most things that is the way to improve at something (sports, art, almost anything really). But that aside, I am probably not confident enough in my skills to take a game on my back and pull us all to victory. I feel like both situations are not always as much fun as other situations.

The best Dota 2 matches I've had have been with players not as good as me. Because they knew it and wouldn't argue about item choices or come up with flaky strategies. They concentrated on their heroes, and when I came up with a plan, they followed along. This would give us superior team fight in the late game, which usually carried us to victory. My best game was probably Ability Draft where I was Lina with an odd mix of powers against a Sand King with just insane crit ability. We lost all our outer towers before taking any of theirs. My team was sure we were going to lose, but when I made a push they backed me up all the way. We focused down the sand king, and just steamrolled the rest, ending with a win.

My worst game was playing with three other players way better than me, and I just couldn't keep up. Shit was happening so fast I didn't really learn anything from it either. I had 17 deaths as Crystal Maiden, but we still won. That's how good my teammates were.