Blambo

The Hypothetical Adventure Game

Thanks guys! I'm not familiar with either of those softwares, but I've seen them used around.

I'm hitting a lull right now while I'm getting coursework done, but my working title is "Cool Spot has a Chill Day". Feel free to give input on the title but I wouldn't see why it's not already the best possible.

Thanks BigJKO for the mockup, it's really captured my imagination.

Sorry for resurrecting this, but dang, this thread was really inspiring. Any progress or plans to pick this back up in the near future?

Whoa hey, yeah it's been in the back of my mind for a while but I haven't actually done much. I feel like I'm not skilled enough in painting, designing and programming to seriously consider doing this at the moment (yeah that's a BS reason to not do it but I've got other projects to keep me engaged and improving).

But I keep thinking about it, mostly because I'm interested in exploring the aesthetic flow of adventure games, like how pacing and framing works in a content controlled but timing variable space. I mean, I would really love to keep making this but I feel like any work I do towards turning it into a full project would be better suited to do with a team or partner. There's incidental benefit from making more scenes and paintings though, and I'm still doing that! I just didn't consider any of the new ones to be worth sharing so far.

But I'm really humbled and surprised that you're inspired by any of this, especially since you're actually making an adventure game. I might actually pick this up again sometime soon, if only to treat making new scenes and such as painting exercises. Thanks a whole bunch, I'm a big fan of Dropsy!

Whoa hey, yeah it's been in the back of my mind for a while but I haven't actually done much. I feel like I'm not skilled enough in painting, designing and programming to seriously consider doing this at the moment (yeah that's a BS reason to not do it but I've got other projects to keep me engaged and improving).

But I keep thinking about it, mostly because I'm interested in exploring the aesthetic flow of adventure games, like how pacing and framing works in a content controlled but timing variable space. I mean, I would really love to keep making this but I feel like any work I do towards turning it into a full project would be better suited to do with a team or partner. There's incidental benefit from making more scenes and paintings though, and I'm still doing that! I just didn't consider any of the new ones to be worth sharing so far.

But I'm really humbled and surprised that you're inspired by any of this, especially since you're actually making an adventure game. I might actually pick this up again sometime soon, if only to treat making new scenes and such as painting exercises. Thanks a whole bunch, I'm a big fan of Dropsy!

Thanks! I just liked how it went from ~here's something I did that would make a cool adventure game background~ to something bigger. And yeah, it IS kind of a BS reason, but as long as yer still making pretty/rad stuff I can't really complain. Whatever the case, I love the aesthetic of your junk, especially the first two scenes you drew here.