Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Rust: Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?

Given that I can get a decent ping, I'd love to join thumbs on the same server. I've been bouncing around servers and they variate wildly in social mores. I find myself rather fickle about which one I chose, but knowing that there are some thumbs on a particular island would probably commit me.

Count me in.  Anyone else playing this game?

I've only got a couple hours in myself just long enough to learn the very basics.  I did run around on a 150 active player server for a bit just to experience the madness.

I tried to go back to my old server the other day and found it wasn't around any more. Are either of you playing on a good server consistently?

No.

I'm still interested in playing on the same server as y'all though.

I'm totally torn on whether I should get Rust or Day-Z, I think Rust has more interesting mechanics and isn't all Arma'd up. But Day-Z has an idle thumbs server and probably a better social experience. So what should I get down with? 

I'm conflicted in the exact same way. Why can't Idle Thumbs play Rust instead? ):

Ok I decided to get unconflicted and bought rust. Now I have first hand experience at how bad being hunted is.. I need friends.. lets play! but not now I'm going to sleep.. Add me on Steam : Sleepyheadstyle 

http://www.giantbomb.com/rust/3030-42984/forums/unofficial-giant-bomb-classic-rust-server-us-east-1473638/#3

This could be promising. It might end up being most of the same people I was playing with before. I'll PM the guy and see if an influx of thumbs would be OK with the person running the server.

I'm playing on this server now, I've been playing since about 7 pm est and I've been mostly the only person on the server.