Sign in to follow this  
TheLastBaron

Fire Emblem Awakening

So I figured I'd make a separate thread so as not to detract from the 2DS discussion in the 3DS thread. A lot of good stuff was posted in there if you are seeing this and haven't read it. Anyways I have some questions:

First, is there any way to shop in a town that has a streetpass team in it? I wanted to buy a Reeking Box but everywhere is full of streetpass teams, and I probably have even more queued up since so far it seems like everyone I tag has this game.

Second, how many chapters are there? Just to get a rough idea of how far I am as I go through the game.

Last, has anyone tried any DLC maps? Are they worth the money?

Looks like we've already got a thread.

I still haven't bought this game even though I'd kind of like to. It looked like it was going to be the 3DS game of the year until Animal Crossing rolled around (which will almost certainly be eclipsed in turn by Pokémon). Since I have nothing to contribute, here is the Fire Emblem theme.

Fire Emblem, tough simulation
When you'll begin playing it, you won't be able to sleep anymore

Although you should surpass your opponent, a critical hit !
When there's nothing more left, Life Staff, when you're in a hurry, Relife Staff

Both in attack and defense, don't press unwisely,
And don't let anyone die !!

When you'll begin playing it, you won't be able to sleep anymore

Put too much effort on powerful people,
And your warriors on the whole will only be novices

A tale of love and courage

Come and win bravely !

When things become dangerous, run like the wind !
Those who get cocky will put themselves in peril

Come and win bravely !

Well, for DLC maps... From what I heard from one of my roommates, one of the DLC maps is basically just a grinding map, where you can walk in and attack stuff that doesnt move around or react to you, so you can level up.

So if that sounds like something that would be fun to you, DLC maps might be your thing.

(This is all stuff I remember from conversations a while ago, so I might or might not be correct.)

So I figured I'd make a separate thread so as not to detract from the 2DS discussion in the 3DS thread. A lot of good stuff was posted in there if you are seeing this and haven't read it. Anyways I have some questions:

First, is there any way to shop in a town that has a streetpass team in it? I wanted to buy a Reeking Box but everywhere is full of streetpass teams, and I probably have even more queued up since so far it seems like everyone I tag has this game.

Second, how many chapters are there? Just to get a rough idea of how far I am as I go through the game.

Last, has anyone tried any DLC maps? Are they worth the money?

1. There already was an FEA thread, perhaps a mod might merge this one.

2. I don't actually know, i think you have to clear the event to open up the shop. You don't have to fight streetpass encounters though, you can dismiss those, buy items from those, or even hire their avatar. (Or fight them and win their avatar.)

3. 25 story missions, 23 "paralogues", and then all the random battles, streetpass battles, spotpass battles, and DLC battles you may encounter along the way.

4. I understand the DLC is well written and well made, they're large and elaborate missions with a lot of story, but they're also ultimately a bit sketchy as they're geared towards easy grinding and easy farming.

Also: SPOTPASS.

Go into your wireless menu and download all that stuff.

Just run through the list and click it all into your game, there's actually free additional story missions in there too that unlock late in the game, and those you definitely want to have. They even have extra recruitment possibilities for new and properly fleshed-out story characters. (The renown list too, just click that stuff into your game. Everything highlighted is actually unlocked, you're not exchanging renown like a currency.) The exception is the spotpass legacy battles, don't click those over into your game until you want to do them, since they populate your world like streetpass battles, except you summon them at will.

So here's this other weird element of FEA: Streetpass/spotpass characters. You can have twenty at a time in your army, or 99 stored in the wireless menu roster, and they're either legacy characters from previous games or custom avatars recruited from other players. You can even go into that library section of the wireless menu and resummon them after they die, effectively circumventing the permadeath system. (Though there's usually an extremely high gold cost associated with summoning a higher level character.)

There is one huge downside though, and it's why i don't use any of the spotpass/streetpass characters. They have no supports to build, and that's a pretty severe limitation. (Again though, the extra recruitable story characters from those spotpass story missions do have supports, they are normal story characters.)

Also, since my FEA posts will probably be lost in the 3DS thread, and since they might be useful to other new players: this, this, this, and this.