Sign in to follow this  
Sno

Jehuty in 1080p

Even on the 360 it runs much slower than the original game, but it's not as bad as the PS3 version.

The little dodge attack is done by hitting the boost, ascend/descend, and attack all at the same time while up close to the enemy. It's kind of hard to do reliably and isn't particularly flashy, but it has a unique animation that will let you know you've done it, though i don't know if it would help against that boss.

That move kinda rings a bell now, i actually ran through the tutorial a couple of weeks ago but then played through the entirety of DmC before starting my ZoE2 play through :) probably not surprising that i forgot everything

Yeah I thought about mentioning this in the combat thread, but I decided not to, because Zone of Enders actually doesn't have the best combat around.

You ARE holding X while dashing to build up swarm lasers, right? Cos if you're facing clouds of the tiny enemies by slashing them all then oh boy.

I do think that particular boss is too hard. You have to dash constantly to avoid his attacks, and really learn what his up-close combo pattern is so you can decide to hit him at the right time.

Yeah i was panzer dragooning their asses

It ultimately just came down to me being impatient. i need relentless sensory overload!!!

Back in the day I was utterly obsessed with the Virtual On demo on my Saturn, god knows why i never got the full game. I think i may have part exchanged my Saturn and got a PS2 before the game was released.

I tried the trial when it came out on xbla but like all those 'classics' (Nights, Guardian heroes) they're never as good as you remember them. I think i've just become a video game snob

Oh boy, i used to dream about owning that joytick (I played the demo A LOT)

DCP_0746R.jpg

Bah! Oratorio Tangram holds up phenomenally well, that is an incredibly deep, awesome game.

If you're just spamming dash attacks against low level AI, you're completely missing everything interesting about the game. At least bump up the difficulty or ideally find somebody to play with. There are so many layers to its mechanics and its move lists are very expansive. (None of which is surfaced anywhere, it's easy to completely miss the point. It helps to have somebody explain what is actually happening in that game, it gets crazy once you crack things open. Suddenly you're modifying moves on the fly to set traps and control the opponent's movement.)

Also, i think this probably means that I am the Video game snob. :getmecoat