Sign in to follow this  
BadPixel

Path of Exile

Ey up,

I've been lurking for a while but not posted much, just wondering if anyone plays Path of Exile that would be up for a bit of team up work. The game is currently in beta but working solidly. It's an indie project funded by a kick starter esque model that is all on their own site. The minimum donation of $10 gets you a Key and $10 worth of in game currency which can only really be spent on stash tabs at the moment with further plans.

The website is www.pathofexile.com

Now, I fucking love this game, I played Diablo III in the beta/demo and somehow it didn't stick with me the way this did, I think it has something to do with the skills systems and the ultra smooth curve mentioned on the podcast that meant I felt less like I was building a character than I wanted it to. Not to say Diablo III is a bad game, it certainly is not, I just prefer the systems at play here. It has a similar "free skill respec" system but then a massive passive (sick rhymes) tree that roughly equates to attributes. You can view this on the site but the best way I think I can sell the game is to link the build of the week videos on the team's YouTube. They showcase original builds made possible by the huge cross classing made possible by the way the tree is laid out.

Be aware that it's still in beta, amd changes are regularly made.

TL DR

PATH OF EXILE BRO! IT'S SICK! WATCH THIS!

Kind of covers the skill socketing system

[/url[/media]

This one kind of goes more into the skill tree

[/url[/media]

You can see the rest on their channel or probably in relateds.

Anyone interested hit me up either in game or on Steam, same name as on here in both.

I'm gonna bump this thread, there's another expansion coming out in a bit less than 24 hours. This is the 4th one I think since this post was made in 2012.

In between they've added exiled masters(easier crafting of your items), player hideouts(housing almost, you can decorate them a lot, search for "POE Hideout of the Week" to see the most well done ones), another act (it's now 4 acts), a hidden boss, strongboxes (you can roll these with orbs!)

New expansion also comes with a new league, fresh start, everyone starts with nothing, etc. It also adds 19 new subclasses for the original 7 classes. And a labyrinth with traps.

It's not exactly unforgiving, if you just keep assigning damage talents and skip the any defence you will at some point start getting blown up. You can fix thisbut it rewards you for planning.

Here's a bunch of links if anyone wants to read up/watch before jumping in.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Diablo_Player%27s_Guide_to_Path_of_Exile

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1487111

Just winging it might be intimidating or too time consuming, here's a bunch of guides for what to build, just ask if you want any help figuring out acronyms or finding a thing you want to play (spellcaster/totems/mines/fast moving/hard to kill/whatever)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qsZNdbyo95OopP4_mgXRHNp6XMFXTEVYlT3wkXIVCu0/edit?pref=2&pli=1

I'll add my characters nickname when I make one tomorrow.

There's another expansion coming out! It's got a real video game trailer

Now you get to map your maps in a big map. 

If anyone wants to add me, add "StromLok"