Sign in to follow this  
Orv

Coo My Lovelies

Wait, what?

Oh boy, just hearing that music, memories, and most of them good! It is BG 1, no?

(Maybe it's buzz for the upcoming Obsidian-Kickstarter. I wonder where the BG-rights rest.)

Wait, what?

Oh boy, just hearing that music, memories, and most of them good! It is BG 1, no?

(Maybe it's buzz for the upcoming Obsidian-Kickstarter. I wonder where the BG-rights rest.)

To my understanding, BioWare owns characters, Atari owns the D&D license, and Interplay owns the name. :eek:

To my understanding, BioWare owns characters, Atari owns the D&D license, and Interplay owns the name. :eek:

Ha, games are such a fun business. Or rather business is such a fun business.

Silly people!

So, that would mean the pseudo-hidden message (

<February 13, 2012; Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine; oh dear it's coming soon

) comes from Interplay...?

I just read something about Interplay not being allowed to use the name "Baldur's Gate" anymore, because Atari has, as you said, the D&D rights, and I BG is D&D (I guess). Which leaves me even more bewildered than before.

Seems like a legal nightmare and the website is registered through godaddy, which seems really weird for any of those companies to do. :shifty: