Sign in to follow this  
mikemariano

Madden NFL 12: The Year Everything Changes

IGN.com reveals major new features for this year's upcoming Madden game.

Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.

Amazing! Fake computer football will never be the same.

Just ignore this guy in the comments...

adam72386

I might take this seriously if you guys didn't hype up the new Madden game every year. Don't believe me?

Madden 11

Madden 10

Madden 09

...And so on. Honestly, it makes it hard to take any of your previews seriously when you spew out this garbage year after year.

What's interesting about the Madden series is how over the years they've actually removed some really good features for no apparent reason. :erm: I think they've gradually made it worse.

What's interesting about the Madden series is how over the years they've actually removed some really good features for no apparent reason. :erm: I think they've gradually made it worse.

Every time I download a demo of the latest Madden or play it somewhere else, I'm surprised at how difficult it is to tell if you're any good at it.

It's telling that so many of the hyped features are esoteric additions to the franchise mode. "It isn't fun to play football in single player. We haven't made any improvements to multiplayer. But if you like salary cap adjustments, Madden NFL 12 is for you!"

Sadly my plan of holding out for a few years at a time doesn't even work. It's still pretty much the same game. That said, it's not bad.

Madden 11 was a very good game, but even this hardcore NFL fan is having trouble getting excited for a new version with no football season likely this year. :(