Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Peasant's Quest

I actually played this today, before you made the post. It's quite funny, but I think the trailer is better, at least if you've played the original King's Quest games.

I would have enjoyed it more if they had just focused on making a parody of KQ, but now they tried to make a silly parody of KQ. Kind of funny in a way, but I would have prefered the other way.

God, how I loved all those silly ways to die in the KQ games. They were so stupid and clumsy, it felt as if the characters were like mister Bean. A typical way of dying goes something like this:

You enter a room. The room is empty, except for a broken mirror. You walk towards the broken mirror, EXAMINE it and notice nothing suspicious. If you try to PICK UP MIRROR SHARD or something similar, the character bends over, picks up a piece of the mirror, somehow clumsily cuts himself in the wrist (You can't be very bright if you cut yourself in the wrist while picking up a single small mirror shard), the pixelated blood is flowing and you are informed of the characters death via the familiar "Restore, Restart, Quit?" window.

I may have exaggerated it a little, but you get my point.

I loved those games.