Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Assassin's Creed Revelations

All right! Desmond, Ezio, Altair, Constantinople, and also "manipulating the construct of Desmond's memories."

It's coming in November. I feel sort of terrible for enjoying a series of games that has a new installment released with such clockwork regularity it no doubt is produced algorithmically by robot drones.

Still, new buildings to jump around on!

I feel sort of terrible for enjoying a series of games that has a new installment released with such clockwork regularity it no doubt is produced algorithmically by robot drones.

It's more just that Ubisoft has a small nation's worth of artists, designers, and coders making those games. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood seriously had one of the longest credit scrolls i can remember.

I don't know, they're trying to do too much too fast, i think. I like those games, and i like the mythology for the series, so i guess i'm on board for a while more at least, but i don't think they're going to be able to keep this up. Whether it's players burning out on the games because they've put too many out, or them stumbling over their ambition and putting out something truly wrecked and horrible, something is going to give.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood seriously had one of the longest credit scrolls i can remember.

I haven't played AC:B, but have you finished GTA4? That credit list went on so long that my Xbox controller shut itself off! I think it went for 20 minutes or so!

I am crap-my-pants excited. But, I really wish it wasn't this soon after Brotherhood. If it was like 18 months between or something, I'd enjoy them better. Since the end of II, there hasn't been enough time to start missing the series before the next one comes out. They just need a little bit more spacing, and I'd rather it be closer to two years than one.

Brotherhood was an absolutely fantastic game and I look forward to the chance to spend days pouring over Assasin's Creed fiction once again with the release of another title.

My first reaction when it was revealed that the game would be set in Constantinople was that I could finally say goodbye to Ezio Auditore da Firenze. No such luck. :tmeh:

When the teasers started rolling, I was hoping that the next game would be Assassin's Creed III and set in a completely different place and time altogether. Still, I will buy this game with more than 90% certainty and will enjoy it a immensely with equal probability. At least, we finally got out of Italy.

Game Informer leak ho! Highlights (for me):

• Ziplines for getting around even faster
  • Instead of Borgia towers, there are Assassin's Dens, which you'll not only have to liberate through more varied gameplay, but also protect afterwards. Thankfully you'll be able to assign super guys to protect them for you, which sounds like another completionist achievement target for toblix. Also, liberating the dens will provide ziplines, which seems like a fabulous reward.
  • Less side missions, more random events. They'll probably be just as formulaic, but at least now I won't have to completionist all of them.
  • Completely unrelated, but best of all: Ancel notes that he's been working on BG&E2 for "a while".

Ancel notes that he's been working on BG&E2 for "a while".

Fuck yes! :tup::tup:

maybe.

BG&E2 has apparently been in production with a small team for a few years now.

Every time people start freaking out that it's been canceled, Ancel pops up and says it's still in development.

As much as I like Ezio (probably one of the better characters in video games in quite a few years, in my opinion) I would like to see them move on. And I definitely don't want to revisit Altair. He was such an unlikeable jackwaffle and I felt like Ezio was a response to that, so it makes me sad they're going to revisit him.

That said, Constantinople around this time period? Fuck yes.

I hope they throw the Blue Mosque in for the hell of it (even though it wasn't built for a hundred years after), I'm dying to climb around all over that. The pre-post Turkish Constantinople will hopefully be awesome.

Urgh more Ezio and Altair? I would really like to see Victorian London or maybe great fire era Chicago.

Remember when there were rumors about an Assassin's Creed game set during the French Revolution?

I'd still like to see that.

Aren't they saying this is the third in the AC2 trilogy, though, and that the next one should be all-new (i.e. Assassin's Creed III)?

Aren't they saying this is the third in the AC2 trilogy, though, and that the next one should be all-new (i.e. Assassin's Creed III)?

I believe that's basically what's occurring, yes. Still irksome.