Tanukitsune

Raskulls: Mr. Driller + Mario Kart + so much more?

I picked this up when it was on sale on XBLA the other day thinking it would be worth the risk at that price and boy was it worth it!

The game is, basically, what I said in the title, it has the mechanics from Mr. Driller and the power ups from a kart racer, except it's not just a racing game.

Sometimes it is just reaching the finish line before the others, but sometimes you're being chased and many of the levels are puzzles that use the Mr. Driller concept in very interesting ways.

In one level you must create a block in a certain shape, in some levels you must reach the end of the level with a limited number of moves, sometimes you must destroy blocks strategically to get an item to the bottom of a level safely, and so on and so on...

The levels branch a few times which is good because each path has a different challenge, so you can do a puzzle if you don't feel like a race or vice versa. The levels also have several bonus challenges that unlock special characters for multiplayer and "cheats" (all they do is make you look different).

So, the gameplay is fun, but the story? It's pretty funny! The plot is just "search for the McGuffin" but the writing will make you chuckle a few times.

It may no longer be on sale, but there is a trial mode like on all XBLA games to see if you'll like it! :tup:

Went through the game about a month ago. If you only critical path it, the game is over in about 4 hours, but there is tons to unlock and replay, especially if you have a decent number of friends also playing the game.

Tanu is definitely right, I love Mr Driller and a lot of the missions in Raskulls remind me of Mr Driller Land on the GameCube. This and IloMilo are great little winter releases.

At 800 I would say that this is a must buy, if it is cheaper still then you would be mad not to.