Thompson

Piracy/theft

bum buh dum

Oh, yeah. To be sure, I don't see much wrong with pirating something that you couldn't have purchased. There's nothing you can really do in that case.

There is another side of piracy, which was researched a while ago that "pirates" also generally buy more media than people who don't. That and it enriches culture, because you get people to check out stuff they otherwise wouldn't have, expanding their horizons, so to speak. A very good thing, I think.

Me and a bud made a little game for iPhone a while ago. If you google the name now, most links you get are sites where you can just download it "illegally", but honestly I'm not too bothered with it. In the end, they still play it, which does get us some recognition. Of course I'd rather have them buy it, because, you know, I like money. :grin:

This is probably gonna be the debate of forever. It's a constant tug and pull that's probably never going to end.

Oh, yeah. To be sure, I don't see much wrong with pirating something that you couldn't have purchased. There's nothing you can really do in that case.

I also said sumethin' bout stealing rather than buying from thieves.

Its obnoxiousness was nicely spoofed in an episode of the IT Crowd, too.

Love that vid. That's Peter Serafinowicz doing the voiceover, and a lovely make-up lady playing the widow, fyi.

Love that vid. That's Peter Serafinowicz doing the voiceover, and a lovely make-up lady playing the widow, fyi.

Ha! Excellent bits of trivia :tup: I vaguely suspected that I recognized her from Father Ted, but I'm probably thinking of somebody else. (Or they used the same make-up lady on that show, too.)

Ha! Excellent bits of trivia :tup: I vaguely suspected that I recognized her from Father Ted, but I'm probably thinking of somebody else. (Or they used the same make-up lady on that show, too.)

Don't think I've ever noticed her on that, although there may be eps I've not watched since meeting her. Presumably they would have got your Irish crew in for FT, anyway.