ThunderPeel2001

Rock Band 3

I know? Interestingly, by the time I became interested in getting a hold of this game, it was impossible to find. In the end I had to order it from some shady person on Amazon. Anyway, if you ever get the chance to play some pro drums, DO IT.

I played this game with the keyboard for a while and totally dug it. Also like the menus and the avatar and stuff. I can still produce the practice mode sounds.

You should buy the third cymbal.

I would buy all the things, but I probably can't just plug them into the ION drum brain thing.

I would buy all the things, but I probably can't just plug them into the ION drum brain thing.

There is a third cymbal expansion made specifically for the ION.

MOTHER OFD GOD

Does that mean there's an unused connector in my current thing?

MOTHER OFD GOD

Does that mean there's an unused connector in my current thing?

If it's the same unit that I have, it has 8 inputs, 1 for the snare, 1 for the foot pedal, and 2 for each cymbal/drum pair for the other three.

Edit: Here's the amazon entry for it. It's become a bit harder to find, but I think you can get it from ION directly. http://www.amazon.com/Drum-Rocker-Cymbal-Expansion-Playstation-3/dp/B001LLPV7E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360777251&sr=8-2&keywords=ion+drum+rocker+cymbal

so glad this thread is back. I love this game and still play it from time to time (pro drums all the way. there's even a setting to toggle a second foot pedal between double bass and hi-hat!) and feel like the general collapse of the music game genre really undercut what a huge great game this was.

Yep, I'm glad I picked it up when I did, but it's sad that the apparent (I've not played it yet) best example of the entire genre is the one that sold the least.

I picked this up for next to nothing over Christmas with the Pro Keyboard (the smallness of the instrument sold it to me, mostly) but the store communicates really badly what tracks have Pro keys etc. The website doesn't seem to help much either.

Too bad no one plays this game, I'd assumed that at least one person on the internet would have compiled a list of tracks that are worth buying for keyboard.

Too bad no one plays this game, I'd assumed that at least one person on the internet would have compiled a list of tracks that are worth buying for keyboard.

I can recommend the Doors pack. every song has a strong keyboard part that's fun to play.Unfortunately a lot (some even on the game disc) have really minimal keyboard parts where you basically end up sitting there for most of the song then getting 50% because you miss the first note when something actually starts happening.

I can recommend the Doors pack. every song has a strong keyboard part that's fun to play.Unfortunately a lot (some even on the game disc) have really minimal keyboard parts where you basically end up sitting there for most of the song then getting 50% because you miss the first note when something actually starts happening.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've found. :( Thanks for the Doors tip tho, I'll check it out.

Yep, I'm glad I picked it up when I did, but it's sad that the apparent (I've not played it yet) best example of the entire genre is the one that sold the least.

Agreed. It's a real bummer. Also, pro drums on the ION is indeed amazing. I bit that bullet back when RB3 came out and I haven't regretted it.