Irishjohn

Blizzcon 2010... any thumbs around?

Hey everyone,

So last year there was a very impromptu gathering of a small number of thumbs by the Diablo III banner in the convention centre. Basically Chris, Nick and the three of us that made it. I imagine that none of the podcast guys are going this year but I wanted to see if any other thumbs might be around and interested in meeting up to say hello in person or have a drink.

Anyway, late notice I know but if there's any interest we can try and arrange stuff in this thread.

Oops, just saw this. Guessing it's over by now, not that I would have done anything but drag everyone down with silence by not being much of a Blizzard fan outside of Lost Vikings. Er... but anyway, maybe next time.

I also can't seem to make my profile say I'm in Austin now as well, just in case it seems like I'm talking weird talk.

It occurs to me that Blizzcon this year 'round was pretty fun for those actually present (people breaking legs on stage, Tenacious D), but didn't really spawn any great things for people at home who may have bought a virtual ticket. The only big announcement was the Demon Hunter for Diablo 3 (mmmmmmmeh). And that was pretty much it.

I was expecting a bit more bombdropping to occur.

Yeah, a torn tendon was the most exciting thing to hit Blizzcon this year.

Announcing Cataclysm's release date before the 'con was a mistake as far as i'm concerned.

Oh man? Christopher Walken impersonations? I need to find these on youtube.

BTW, Day 9 wore a sweet Starcraft jacket that jynx gave him, but it's not on their website, were these things seriously only available at blizzcon? Damn!

Watching the Diablo III footage that came out during Blizzcon 2010 just made me want to play Torchlight 2 and not care about Diablo III. I wonder if that was intentional.

Watching the Diablo III footage that came out during Blizzcon 2010 just made me want to play Torchlight 2 and not care about Diablo III. I wonder if that was intentional.

Yeah, last year I came home super excited about Diablo III and this year I was kinda "meh" as well. I don't think the game comes across very well in those videos at all. I didn't play it this year either though.

Mohr was pretty funny. He does a good job of not taking it too seriously without making fun of people. Well, he at least doesn't make fun of them for being nerds.