dibs

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 3

Way to out yourself :shifty:

And spiral galaxy is weird, but I think a lot of the weirdness comes from the slow one planet start. Once people start expanding towards the centre and start developing range to be able to cross, I think things are going to get really interesting.

ohhhhh, so you guys dont even have enough range to cross the other lines yet? I was thinking it would be a weird strategy but unexpected to do that at the start, but if you can't even this is a really strange game set up, just the massive shit storm in the middle soon will be hilarious

ohhhhh, so you guys dont even have enough range to cross the other lines yet? I was thinking it would be a weird strategy but unexpected to do that at the start, but if you can't even this is a really strange game set up, just the massive shit storm in the middle soon will be hilarious

Yeah. It's weird because going out you can, really, only claim about three stars before the distance becomes too great to continue (until you upgrade range, which is the most expensive tech), while inside it just gets closer and closer, so the map is basically funneling players inward.

Most people have ranged tech now, but no one has hopped coils.

"Most" ?

chart?chs=640x240&chd=s:eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee9999999999999999999999,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee999999999999999999999999,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,&chd=s:eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee9999999999999999999999,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee999999999999999999999999,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee&cht=lc&chxt=y&chxl=0:|0|0|0|0|2&chls=3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3&chco=ff0000,ffff00,7FFEFF,004080,ff7F00,7f00FF,600000,00ff00,006000,ff00ff,804000,FFFFFF&chm=V,444444,0,-6,2,-1&chf=bg,s,000000&chma=16,8,8,8

Ok ok, only 2, and that image you linked looks like it's dynamic! Anyways, as soon as they start trading it around the galaxy will be awash with tomfoolery.

Coils have been crossed and things are getting crowded in the middle. But I think no one wants to really say anything for fear of outing themselves or their plans.

Twitter is where all the talking is happening now it seems. Probably the best place for it.

I'd try to form some sort of play by play for the thread, but sorry guys I am just swamped with moving stuff. I guess I figured it would happen, but I'll be MIA for a month more more because of this.

Twitter seems to be the place to follow it, though hard to get a good sense of the overall situation... which is what the statistic page helps with, hehe.

All I know is I really want to be apart of this spiral game(if I had the time, lol) really itching to play a serious game again, even if it means never sleeping.

Spiral seems really fun, but whats your guy's(the people playing) impression of the spiral?

I think it's great fun. The anonymity of it is nice as well. There's one player that's really strange. He sent me gifts without speaking to me, so I sent him something of mine, and just now he sent me even more things...

Phallic Galaxy...

It is definitely the most obscene galactic map I have ever seen

So I'm probably about to give up the goose here:

My computer slowly died over the last month or so, ending with being unable to connect to the internet.

I've reformatted and have been rebuilding my list of software and such the past few days.

I imagine I'm rather screwed.

Edit 1: Ah. . .yes. Yes I am.

I think it's great fun. The anonymity of it is nice as well. There's one player that's really strange. He sent me gifts without speaking to me, so I sent him something of mine, and just now he sent me even more things...

HMMMM :shifty:

I still love this for Neptune's Pride:

aJvYZXUT5Bk

or for just the music:

OIUxwEJ-GXI

:violin:

Edited by SGP

Just checking in(said I was away fo the net this month) but just went through all the twitters.

Hard to follow what's actually going on, but the map updates just make my head spin. It looked cool when everyone was starting out, but now I think if someone spinned that map I'd have a seizure, lol.

I reallllly want to read the post mortems on this and thoughts on the spiral galaxy.

You haven't really missed much, things are just now starting to get exciting.

Short recap: The initial land grab in this galaxy took way longer than last game, mostly due to the very outer stars and the adjacent bands being outside the starting range (range is really expensive and you totally don't even realize it in the other games because you don't need it as soon). Everyone rushed to the core and those who have real estate near there pumped money into industry on those stars to build up big fleets. Just recently, some of the front runners have started attacking the smaller civilizations.

Also, almost every star is accounted for. I can't imagine the tedium and length it would take to attack someone on their outer front. Sure they're probably less defended, but there are so many of them and they're much less valuable.

ahhh, so the stars on the outer rim aren't just a bother to capture but also the least valuable... really interesting.

I was thinking if someone wanted to they wouldn't even bother with the core stars, but if the outer rim is worthless you pretty much have to. Totally changes everything. Curious to see how this pans out.