mikemariano

Gabe Confirms Episode 3 Cancelled

the "boss" consisting of a few waves of splicers and big daddy's

edit: oops, sorry

The thing that was awesome about that part is that it

wasn't a boss fight. The boss fight in BioShock was possibly my least favorite part of the game. Boss fights are stupid in almost any game that attempts to have a legitimate narrative.

wasn't a boss fight. The boss fight in BioShock was possibly my least favorite part of the game. Boss fights are stupid in almost any game that attempts to have a legitimate narrative.

Completely agree, I was relieved when I realized there wasn't a boss fight. I just thought to myself "Oh they learned something from the first one." Plus I really enjoyed having my little sister fight along with me, I actually wish that would have been a bigger part of the game in a way.

Okay, end of Final Fantasy 10, everything is super awesome go time. Oh , he hit you and you died, the boss won. World ends. Life extinguised.

Try again?

Okay, end of Final Fantasy 10, everything is super awesome go time. Oh , he hit you and you died, the boss won. World ends. Life extinguised.

Try again?

Wasn't it impossible to die in the last fight?

Don't really agree, boss fights can have a perfectly legal place in narrative games. BioShock 1's

was a terrible one though.

To me boss fights are special and usually tougher fights at the end of a "chapter", it doesn't have to be a fight against 1 super tough son of a bitch. But waves and waves of enemies are usually my least favorite sort. (Just like arena segments in games).

Bioshock 2's final "boss" fight would have been much better if it simply was a normal single attack wave of splicers. Those alpha type big daddies were completely out of place at that point. Of course a fight against a special though foe absolutely didn't fit in Bioshock 2's story.