Tanukitsune

Extremely Vincible Tiger...

So there was a brawler sale on XBLA... And I got Invincible Tiger, which is supposed to play like a 70's kung fu movie...

I actually tried and beat the demo, it was fun enough, but once you get the full game you discover that:

-The game claims it has "simple controls".... Compated to Street Fighter, kinda, but get this, each enemy has a combo it's weak to and you HAVE to know what it is unless you want to get swarmed... They give you an info card on them if you beat enough of them, but... not every enemy has their weakness on their card....:blink:

-There is technically no healing items, you can only heal by "meditating"... Good luck doing that surrounded by enemies! Or by getting a special mask, but it seems that if you keep the mask on you take more damage?

-They say you can gain extra lives, but they don't tell you how... You can get one by sacrificing your point when you die, but the game clearly states that you can increase them...

-Apparently you can reach Zen state by getting a bar mostly balanced with white and blue, the blue is the damage you take and the white how much healing power you have left.... I've always died before the blue got over 20%...:eek:

-The game has "enviromental attacks" like kicking buckets into enemies... they are pretty useless unless it's on a weak enemy on which it's almost useless...

-The enemies get ridiculously strong, yet the bosses are retarded... You dodge, they get stuck, you attack and dodge again...

-You unlock moves by getting high scores... but the game never bothers to tell you how to use them...

Basically, the game has a lot of rules that you MUST know to beat it and nobody seems to know the rules, or least nobody seems to have bothered to figure them out?

It's probably the best and ONLY game for martial arts movie fans, but... sorry, if you're not going to tell me how to play, I'm not going to play!

Also, three lives aren't enough when some normal enemies can take nearly half of of your lifebar away with their special moves...:blink:

I know I'm not the greatest gamer ever, and this game isn't THAT hard, but I find it too complicated, it's like half the manual is missing!

Revenge of the Wounded Dragons on PSN is a decent alternative. That said, I mean, seeing as it's the only alternative and it's a fairly decent game...it's a decent alternative. I don't actually recommend buying or playing unless you're determined to experience kung fu movie themed beat-em-ups.

There's also Rag Doll Kung Fu, but I'm not sure that counts in the same way.

Revenge of the Wounded Dragons on PSN is a decent alternative. That said, I mean, seeing as it's the only alternative and it's a fairly decent game...it's a decent alternative. I don't actually recommend buying or playing unless you're determined to experience kung fu movie themed beat-em-ups.

There's also Rag Doll Kung Fu, but I'm not sure that counts in the same way.

I remember the PC version of that game... Everybody said it looked awesome, but once it came out... nobody talked about it anymore... I also couldn't get the hang of the game at all... XP

I've never heard of Revenge of the Wounded Dragons... If it has a demo, I'll give it a try!

The PS3 Rag Doll Kung Fu is a very different game to the PC one. The main difference being you have more direct control over your character so it's not crazy awkward to do anything.

Ahh, Rag Doll Kung Fu. My first game bought from Steam.

Not that good game, I can easily believe how the PS3 version can be better if the controls were changed a bit.

It's incredible that the same people who made Rag Doll Kung-Fu, which was shit, made LittleBigPlanet, which is one of the greatest of games. It's like, even if you make something shit, you can still go ahead and make something cool afterwards.