Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Import Genesis Master Fiend

This is probably the complete wrong forum for this, but since Idlethumbs tends to be more international and I don't belong to any Hardcore Nerd gaming forums (guilty of lurking though), but does anyone here know of an easy way to play Mega Drive games on a Model 2 Genesis?

I've been able to find so far that I can just purchase a Game Genie, but the problem is I can't find the boot codes for the particular game I'm wanting to play, which is the Megadrive version of Prince of Persia.

Now I know there's a Genesis version, which I have, but I discovered it's missing 4 levels the Mega Drive version has, some animation, as well as all of the music entirely. It seems like the US Genesis port was rushed or something, as a apparently both the Megadrive and Genesis port were handled by the same company, but the UK and the rest of Europe got the good version.

I've also just found simple converters on how to import lists, but none seem to to be available to purchase anywhere on the internets.

The last resort is if anyone has a link to a good guide where I can make an NTSC to PAL switch modification to the system it may work. I can probably bug my Dad and get him to do something like that, as he has before and is good with circuit boards and soldering, but he needs a guide. The only problem is, I have the beast system with the SEGA CD add-on as well as the 32x attachment, and I don't really want to screw with it, just in case.