Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Two Worlds

Gothic 2.5Risen left me a bit unsatisfied: the game started off really good and gave me at least 30 hours of fun, but at one point it just started going downhill towards the ending.

So I started Two Worlds (Epic Edition) since I've had it in my backlog for a while. It seems to be a rather low quality mix of Oblivion and Gothic. So far it doesn't appear to be buggy, but has a really really clunky interface and controls, crappy voice acting and loathsome dialogue lines.

But one quality it does appear to have is that the world seems big enough that I will never explore it all and find everything, because I'm curious to move on to other places (the map at least makes it seem really big). I actually like that in an RPG, although I plucked Risen clean, probably even picked 90% of the plants.

Has anyone played this? Is it worth it to suffer through the crappy parts to get a huge and hopefully somewhat interesting world or two to explore?

(I'm also getting Brütal Legend soon, but I won't be able to play it as much as I want since my 360 is connected to a shared TV)

I put like 40 hours into the SP of this game and around half that into the online aspect. I think its a fun yet extremely shallow RPG. If you can pick it up ~$5 i think its worth it if you like brawlers or action rpgs.

I agree with the large world. Where you start out is so different from the snowy north, the arid east and the tropical south. Its truly huge and the variety of enemies and weapons keep the game interesting.

An interesting feature of this game is the item stacking. It lets you combine 2 items of the same type to make a more powerful "leveled" version. It makes the array of clubs and swords you find on each enemy useful

My housemate played this for a while. IIRC, after spending ages exploring/killing everything he found, he ran into a bug where the guards of a particular city would kill him every time he tried to go in, but he had to go in to get any further with the story :/

Ah, this game will have to wait for slower times, it can't really compete with Torchlight, Gay Tony, Brütal Legend and Dragon Age (hopefully). And I might get Borderlands, Assassin's Creed 2 and whatever else good is coming out after I'm done with those.

I'm starting to worry that I spend too much money on games... while another part of me is considering buying a PS3 with Uncharted 2.