Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Grand Thumb Auto XXXII: It's that time of year again (Poosday)

So, yes! It's another night of GThA this evening and I'm determined not to miss out again... So I'm getting the ball rolling a little early.

Hopefully a lot of you chaps can make it!

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

I'll be there, but I won't be next week. I feel you all need to know so you can prepare.

So, I'm a little LTTP, what exactly is all this GTA business that you guys take part in? The thirty other topics are a little intimidating and I don't like to do heavy browsing on my netbook. :o

So, I'm a little LTTP, what exactly is all this GTA business that you guys take part in? The thirty other topics are a little intimidating and I don't like to do heavy browsing on my netbook. :o

Usually we do a few deathmatches, races and cops and robbers. That's all really.

We're playing GTA multiplayer on Xbox Live every Tuesday at, uh... 21:00 GMT, I think it is. No skills required other than awesome social skills like those of myself.

We're playing GTA multiplayer on Xbox Live every Tuesday at, uh... 21:00 GMT, I think it is. No skills required other than awesome social skills like those of myself.

BST (pretty much the same thing but accounts for the clock changes).

If that's... 4:00 PM EDT, which it should be if I did my time conversions correctly, I might join in. Haven't played that game in ages, though, so I should probably refresh myself on the control scheme.

Just never let go of the right trigger, and you should stay out of last place.

If that's... 4:00 PM EDT, which it should be if I did my time conversions correctly, I might join in. Haven't played that game in ages, though, so I should probably refresh myself on the control scheme.

Don't waste your time working it out! Waste your time looking through the stupidly long list on this page instead! Or trust the button that uses a JavaScript function that apparently isn't especially reliable! Hooray!

That page is amazing! You should be like a scientist or something!

... or a wizard.

Amazing last two races. Note to everyone: If James says he wants to go to the park with you, IT'S A FUCKING TRAP.

Where the fuck were you, 'blix? That was a fantastic game today, mostly because of the final couple of runs. Doing a quadruple flip over a massive roadblock in a sportscar, landing on my wheels, and powering through the whole race to come within a few meters of first place was exhilarating. All this after spending the first two minutes of the race pinned under James' merciless stream of fire-engine-justice.

Also, guest starring Bronstring Marek Bronstring. Pleasure to play with you, sir. Hope to see you again.

Yeah, it was a very good evening. I'm glad we went out on such a high. It was also a pleasure to witness Marek's expert covert ops skills. Hopefully we'll see him again soon.

In summary: Awesome.

That page is amazing! You should be like a scientist or something!

I looked up a couple of PHP functions! I'm the best!

That was great fun! Thanks Thunderpeel (I think) for inviting me to the game. I'll try to make it next time too.

I had a bit of trouble matching different voices with different nicknames and I was generally a bit disoriented but I'm glad I got to crush some people with a bus and stuff.

Covert ops skills = me going to the toilet. So yeah I'm pretty good at that covert ops shit.

That was great fun! Thanks Thunderpeel (I think) for inviting me to the game. I'll try to make it next time too.

I had a bit of trouble matching different voices with different nicknames and I was generally a bit disoriented but I'm glad I got to crush some people with a bus and stuff.

Covert ops skills = me going to the toilet. So yeah I'm pretty good at that covert ops shit.

Yup, it was almost constantly a little bit of "so, there are at least two British guys, and those dudes are... someone. oh, yeah, patters is a british dude, i remember that much?" Hopefully that'll be remedied after a couple more sessions.

So we're a bunch of Nicks and Jakes?

I must confess that I have on occasion confused Miffy and n0wak. Not often, but every now and then.

Well, we are both Canadian, but he clearly has an Greater-Toronto-Area Canadian accent whereas I have a Western Canadian accent. (Ha! Now all you British people can feel as ignorant as we do when you discuss regional dialects!)

On the subject of voices: By now I've got Wrestle and James down (got you two mixed up a lot early on, but I've gotten a lot better) and so I know Patters as "that british guy who's voice I don't recognize right away." Thunderpeel is also British, but sounds different in a way that I can get it right away but not quite know why. Jon, by process of elimination, you were the American. That pretty much everyone? With both Wrestle and n0wak out this week, it should have been a little easier for newcomers, but that's just based on my own assumptions.

All newcomers, when Grippage returns, beware the brothers 'blix. When toblix plays, he's pretty easy to pick out of the voices (listen for the screams) but he and his brother do sound a bit alike. Also, they tend to wreak havoc in the most ridiculous ways.

I might have to throw my boorish American voice in next week. I didn't play too much when the game first came out (for reasons that would fill up a good chunk of space with my ranting), but now that the release schedule is winding down, I'm going through my backlog.

Sorry, but I did warn you on Twitter, the social medium everyone's jazzing about. Also, when my brother's back (in about six weeks?), expect him to be distinguishable by his thick Australian accent.

I promise on the honour of my kin that I'll be there next week.

Cracking games, probably the best GTA I have played, particularly the last race, being first for half of it then being "taken to the park" by james putting me back into 3rd Then realising when Actionshakespere and Miffy finished that I needed to to (at that point I was 5 or so minutes behind) On my last lap James and Thunderpeel shooting my "deathproof" car till it was on fire then me attempting to take them down by braking into them next to the wall, and bailing, it nearly worked and looked spectacular. then being over taken by Jon for James to take him out again giving me third (just).

Phantom races should be a regular occurrence.

On another note my week old 360 is fucked, the harddrive is dead, and the disc tray is reasonably dodgy. Going to take it back today.