Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

Beyond Good and Evil to continue?

Despite the poor sales, the close community around Beyond Good and Evil is getting rather excited about various websites recently announcing not one, but two sequels in the works.

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1091126082

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6795

I will remain speculative at the moment, since the lack of concrete news on any major websites is currently very concerning. If this turns out to be true though, then I shall become more happy than anyone ever.

Yarr, I refused to get excited because I knew the chances of it being bollocks here high. Pity I was right, though. :-/

One can always dream, right? If a sequel does get made they had better learn their lessons from the [lack of] marketing of the first one. It was a brilliant game, but it's [lack of] marketing was unforgivably stupid and moronic and idiotic.

[secretly infiltrates Ubisoft's corporate offices and plants proximity stink bombs]

:fart:

I thought someone said that he was working on Rayman 4. :erm:

I did.

We shall see...

I remember Ancel saying that after working on the first two Rayman games he really wanted a break and to be able to do something new. It's nice that he got one, but it's a shame to tie him down to the series. If he is in fact working on Rayman 4, I hope it was his own choice to do so.

This might be a bit cynical, but he may be going back to the Raman series because it's sort of familiar territory for him. After trying (and commercially failing) to make a go of it with a risky new IP (BGE), it would be sort of comforting to head back to a well-known and long-running series almost guaranteed good sales.

I dunno, is anyone really all that enthusiastic about another Rayman game?

I am, especially if Michel is the director of the project.

:mrt: