Cigol

Project TRICO

Well, as the Japanese symbol representing Si is pronounced "shi," which is the same as their number 4, they probably wanted to avoid confusion. "Sanco" or "Saco" just doesn't really have the same ring, so I can understand the anglicizing of it.

Also, :getmecoat :getmecoat :getmecoat

And finally, I think this actually looks like a really cool logical continuation of the series. Much as I loved Agro in SotC, the possibilities of my very own infant colossus (which is what I'm assuming this is until someone proves me wrong) are simply too intriguing. I'm really excited to see what this team will do with this.

EDIT FOR MORE STUPID LANGUAGE STUFF: Of course, this similarity between "Si" and the number 4 does mean that now and then you'll see 4 spoken as "Yon" instead, but both are accepted. (or were when I was preforming oral tests for my Japanese teacher, anyway) It is my understanding that "si" is still the pronunciation first taught to schoolchildren at any rate, and so I'd assume still the most prominent.

By 'not an indicator' do you mean in this sense;

The former. This video was screened roughly two years ago to demonstrate what they wanted to do with the game. If you look closely you'll realise they've even used animation from Shadow of the Colossus.

Here's what they did for Ico. It's fascinating, especially because of how much it changed with time.

Jq9oCaYlBlE

Dammit. I'm still working my way through last year's "must play" games, plus trying to keep up with the ones that have hit so far this year. I really didn't need to add in replays of Ico and SotC to my stack. This thread has now convinced me that it's necessary though. Bugger.

EDIT FOR MORE STUPID LANGUAGE STUFF: Of course, this similarity between "Si" and the number 4 does mean that now and then you'll see 4 spoken as "Yon" instead, but both are accepted. (or were when I was preforming oral tests for my Japanese teacher, anyway) It is my understanding that "si" is still the pronunciation first taught to schoolchildren at any rate, and so I'd assume still the most prominent.

Ooh! I used to know this.

'Shi' is used for pure numbers, like counting from 1-10 and mathematics and dates and stuff. 'Yon' is used when you are counting objects, or actions, ie something non-abstract. Might be similar for nana/sutchi (7).

I was also once told that 'Shi' sounds like the word for death or something unlucky and so is sometimes avoided for that reason. Don't know if that's true.

It is indeed. Shi can also be used for counting, as the Japanese have different ways of enumerating different classes of objects. Depending on what it is you're counting, different words are preferred.

It is indeed. Shi can also be used for counting, as the Japanese have different ways of enumerating different classes of objects. Depending on what it is you're counting, different words are preferred.

AND they like octopussies.