Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney - Investigations

This is coming out this week! Holy macaroni, I have so many awesome games in my pile of games it's incredible. It's truly a good time to be a person that finds games to be a fun pastime.

I just cleared the second case. It's a very different game to the earlier ones, seems a bit easier. furthermore, it has my alltime most hated thing in which you need to point at a certain point and present evidence, that's tough.

Regardless, this game has taken over my lifeagain, like all AA games do. It's so good.

I know I could probably look this up but I don't have time right now, so would someone kindly fill me in on what the 1st in the series called?

It looks like a game my wife might like to play.

Thangkew

Andy

edit is it Phoenix wright ace attorney?

edit edit Holy shit?! £45 for a DS game? Is this right?

It's getting quite hard to find for a decent price now. However, the Japanese version is fully English (once you pass the first screen with a language select on it), and is still available for a decent price. No region locking on DS games.

Don't be tempted to skip the first game. It's one of the best, and the series really has to be played in order.

I know I could probably look this up but I don't have time right now, so would someone kindly fill me in on what the 1st in the series called?

It looks like a game my wife might like to play.

Thangkew

Andy

edit is it Phoenix wright ace attorney?

edit edit Holy shit?! £45 for a DS game? Is this right?

Yes and Yes, super low prints in...not Japan.

It's getting quite hard to find for a decent price now. However, the Japanese version is fully English (once you pass the first screen with a language select on it), and is still available for a decent price. No region locking on DS games.

Don't be tempted to skip the first game. It's one of the best, and the series really has to be played in order.

Where are they based? It looks like I could get stung for customs taxes...

But that's the same game right?

Andy

Don't be tempted to skip the first game. It's one of the best

This.

Also...has anyone read the Phoenix Wright manga? I almost bought it last night.

Where are they based? It looks like I could get stung for customs taxes...

Hong Kong. Typically takes a week and a half ish to the UK. You wouldn't pay VAT/duty on that as it's below the limit.

But that's the same game right?

Andy

It is, yes. Switch to English and it's exactly the same as the US/UK version. Even the logo changes to the Phoenix Wright one.

Alternatively, Gameseek have it for 35 quid, which is a bit better than Amazon's price.

Yesterday I finished Edgeworth and it was great as always =) I did miss the court room scenes though: nailing the perp to the cross just isn't as powerful as it would be if it happened in the bench.

I'm excited and completely forgot about this release- I haven't done an adventure game on my DS since replaying Hotel Dusk! (I hear word a sequel's on the way to Europe, and hopefully here too, by the way...)

I think I have a coworker I could snag it from temporarily if I can't find a copy or the ol' game cash runs a bit low...

Finished the game today and it was great. I liked was the new 'logic' mechanic. It's very similar to the note system in the Blackwell games, where you store and combine ideas in your notebook rather than items in your inventory. It's a great idea, but in investigations the logic pieces are often way too obvious. It still feels less far-fetched than the magicky stuff from the previous games though.

Finished the first case!

Progress will be slow, I only really play it during my train commute...

Highly enjoyable thus far, but I agree that without the courtroom scuffles, it feels like something's missing.

A direction I would love this series to take: You play as a duo Detective and Attorney. Gameplay bounces back and forth between the Logic system/adventure game investigation and courtroom confrontation/press system.

I'm envisioning some great "tag in, tag out" mechanics where new evidence is needed in the middle of a heated trial. The player takes control of the detective with a mission of tracking it down and delivering it while switching back to the courtroom in between important sub-finds to stall the proceedings with creative pressing and bluffing...

*drool*