Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Early Indiana Jones transcript... leaked!

I get the feeling Lawrence Kasdan was the one who saved all these tapes and not Lucas/Spielberg, so probably not a whole lot more of this stuff left to be leaked.

It's a fascinating read, just because they start with a few character traits and a handful of ideas for scenes, and within a few days they've plotted the whole damn movie beat for beat, plus half of Temple of Doom mixed in for good measure.

My favorite parts are the bizarre racial stereotyping by Lucas:

It's the crazy Oriental mind. How do we know how it works. They always wait until the last minute or something.

...and the way Spielberg sometimes seems like he's six years old:

L — The monkey comes with Indy?

G — Right. You're going to have the monkey in four or five

scenes.

S — Monkeys bite.

I doubt it's Kasdan, Lucas is the one who keeps everything. The recent "Making of Indiana Jones" book quotes part of the meeting, so obviously Lucas kept transcripts.

Maybe lucas kept people who kept everything. Somebody who's crazy enough to recut a movie at least 3 times in 20 years is crazy enough to keep people (in jars or something).

Because I loved everything Indiana Jones when I was younger, that entire article was quite surreal. That first piece of concept art is totally badass as opposed to his name possibly being 'Indiana Smith.' Weak.

Excelent read though, thanks for posting!