Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Nobi Nobi Boy

Noby Noby is very much like one of those toys you muck about with when you have nothing else to do and like a child at Christmas I think I always had more fun with the boxes they came in.

Noby Noby Boy is download only? Bugger.

Noby Noby Boy: Sociopathic Quadrupedal Engorging Intestine Simulator

Seriously, that thing is demented. The blank stare BOY has on his face as he mercilessly devours anything set before it, animate or inanimate, is kind of creepy in a hilarious way. Presented in a more objective light, it's a nightmare vision. Can you imagine describing this snake-like beast to someone without making reference to the bright colours or unthreatening music? I think it would sound pretty hellish.

I did have an idea that might be within the realm of the amount of effort I'd be willing to put in. Basically it would involve someone going to a toilet, closing the door, screaming, leaving, then being followed by someone else with an animal or vegetable head. I guess that would have to be either made or bought or edited on.

I was going to go for something much less subtle.

It would involve wrapping myself in towels for a start.

While I feel the game has some real neat concepts and it was a cool experience, it has been short-lived for me.

While it is fine to talk about truly emergent or free-form gameplay, it ultimately means that I really do not feel like playing any more once the novelty wears off. For me games without real goals loose my interest much faster than games without much in the way of structure.

The guys talked a while back about how they enjoyed just getting in a flight sim with no goals and just making up their own goals. I used to be in the same boat. However that sort of experience did not last long for me. After spending a few hours flying around, I would want something to achieve or a new aspect to explore.

TLDR: Noby Noby Boy was a cool experience, but it lacks any staying power for me due to the lack of structure or goals to achieve.

Noby Noby Boy: Sociopathic Quadrupedal Engorging Intestine Simulator

Seriously, that thing is demented. The blank stare BOY has on his face as he mercilessly devours anything set before it, animate or inanimate, is kind of creepy in a hilarious way. Presented in a more objective light, it's a nightmare vision. Can you imagine describing this snake-like beast to someone without making reference to the bright colours or unthreatening music? I think it would sound pretty hellish.

Wow, I kind of remember making this post six years ago. Seriously, if you break that game down into its constituent elements and were to relay them to a person sufficiently far back in history, they would think you were describing some sort of Hell dragon.

On hearing about Girl reaching Pluto, I did consider plugging my PS3 back in to check it out. Reading a bit about it, it looks like each planet did have unique content. It's weird and kind of cool to think that only a minority of a minority of that game's presumably already pretty niche audience has ever even seen a large portion of the game's assets.