Moosferatu

Andy Rules

In that case, pretty much any game could have arguably been one of the greatest games ever made.

I was drooling over Ultima 9's graphics when it was first previewd.

at the time there weren't any games that looked better.

Wasn't expecting much of gameplay (since previous ultima rpgs werent' all that great in that respect).

But bugs... who knew.

Haha, I bet Chris can't post in this thread.

Huh?

Well, I'm so sorry I had to come along and spoil your fun...

Whoa. :erm:

I was all like, "Cool! This thread has the same name as me." (Fun fact*: my legal last name is Rules, but I had it changed because it seemed a bit presumptuous.) And then I read it, and I was all like, "Hey, not only does this thread have the same name as me, it's about me." And then I was all like, "Whoa. :erm:" But you already knew that part.

Yufster, just to clear things up, I wasn't calling you a liar. I was saying that everyone is inherently trustworthy on their birthday, and look! It was true; Tim found a new publisher, just like you said. If the ellipses implied mistrust and/or skepticism, I apologize. I was young and needed the money. (That reminds me, Moos, we never have discussed the profit-sharing scheme for Tim Fandango. Where's my cut?)

I agree with the general consensus that Psychonauts isn't a holiday season game. It's better off trying to hit a spot where it's one of the only releases in a one- or two-week period, so it can get more attention and bang for the marketing buck. It probably still won't be a blockbuster, but hopefully it can drum up a lot of word of mouth support. And it stands a much better chance of that if the mystery publisher isn't busy trying to sell an extra 100,000 stocking-stuffer copies of Splinter Cell: Medusa's Teatime, Lord of the Rings: Orcs Gone Wild, or whatever games the kids like these days.

*May not be an actual fact. Or fun, for that matter.

yeah, but nevertheless i'm always having this ultima 9-nightmare in my mind, although it is hard to compare with the situation of psychonauts, but ea gave the designers and programmers of ultima 9 too less time to complete it, so that for instance they had to cut down the plot and put rendersequences together (because they had to put them into the game somehow, because they're expensive...) and release it with around a million of bugs in the us, blablabla. and when i read (around a year after i finished ultima 9) about the story and design that was planned for the game and what ea indirectly did to it i was pretty shocked. ultima 9 is a great game, but it could have been one of the best games ever made. since then i don't trust into ea any longer.

I would think that since Pyschonauts has been in development for...what, ten years now, that they should have a pretty bug-free game. But I'd have to agree with the consensus and hope that they release it after the Xmas season.

Well, I'm so sorry I had to come along and spoil your fun...

Apology accepted.

Yufster, just to clear things up, I wasn't calling you a liar.

But you're right. I am a liar. I don't get it. Huh?

You were right the first time.