Sign in to follow this  
n0wak

Grand Thumb Auto XII: So Very Tired*

So is it on? I figure that with you UK guys panicking over a bit of snow and staying indoors, hiding from the winter, there are no excuses this week. Usual time (21GMT?), usual deal.

Jesus, my repair status is still on the first thingie, and I haven't received a coffin or note or anything yet.

I'm in.

I can't imagine worrying that much about snow. They don't plow in Calgary. EVER. Like, a bus got stuck in 4 feet of snow in front of my house a couple of weeks ago. The city's response to all the calls they were getting over snow crises was to put a notice in the paper telling people to stop calling them. That's how Calgary is supposed to deal with snow. Our own municipal government's policy is "quit yer bitchin'."

I miss living in Ontario, where when you were snowed into your house, they didn't expect you to shut up and get back to work...

Toblix, when I got mine repaired, they didn't have any coffins anymore. I don't know if it's the same for Europe, but for North American returns, they'll now just send you a thing to print off and stick on a box that you buy. Postage paid and all that. I think I spent about $5 on the box. They send it back to you in the same one you send it to them in, so pick a sturdy one.

It took me about two hours to get into work, but providing that I get home before whenever I'm up for some partakerage (not a word).

I had the good sense to stay at home today (but the bad sense to still work). But, regardless, I'm definitely on for some rocket-powered wrecking later on. :yep:

toblix, this will only serve to make your eventual return even more triumphanterer. What is it they say; abscess makes the heart go softer? :tup:

Your good sense and bad sense for the day is like my everyday. Been so entrenched in stupid work-from-home stuff lately that I didn't even noticed that it snowed overnight until like 2:30 in the afternoon. Then again, when the snowbanks by your driveway are taller than I am, it's hard to notice another few centimetres. :getmecoat

But yes, I could use a break from this and go outside, even if it is virtual in Liberty City.

It was entertaining. No massive defining moments like last week, but a good time nonetheless. We were visited by IDg4f, the host of that Hatchet Job podcast that Wrestle posted about a couple of months back (and that I've since been listening to quite a bit) and the quality of conversation was very high. Worth playing for the talk this week, I'd wager. Gameplay also excellent, but in my mind, overshadowed this time around.

Yeah, not quite enough of us to make things really interesting. I think, because we were all pretty closely matched (skills-wise), things were fairly predictable.

The conversation was very interesting though, definitely. That's what you get from having a part-time radio host in your game though I suppose. :tup:

You missed me recalling my travelling childhood in some detail, and James' mock-synæsthesia. You also missed this:

th_20090203079.jpg

James' mock-synæsthesia.

That was a highlight?

You also missed this:

th_20090203079.jpg

That was a highlight!

It was a little muted, but there were still some entertaining moments. And I've discovered a love of mêlée, so that's something. Isn't it, Mr Vania?

Sorry I couldn't be there, I had a date. It was merely okay, and in retrospect I'd rather have been playing GTA IV :P

Between us we can offer you anything a date can, with the possible exception of a vagina.

Between us we can offer you anything a date can

You raise my hopes...

with the possible exception of a vagina.

and you dash them.

:grin:

And I've discovered a love of mêlée, so that's something. Isn't it, Mr Vania?

Ah, of course! How remiss of me, Mr Muh. :owned:

And, for anyone who didn't get what I meant by "James has turned into Mr Stabby," well, follow that link back there.

Actually, I think you should make that your avatar, Jim. :tup:

I had the theme tune stuck in my head for much of my first year at university. I like it but it doesn't go anywhere, which is catastrophic song-stuck-in-head material.

Yeah, I slashed a few people in our last session, trying to get that close was good fun.

I think it was Miffy who was trying to snipe me as I ran at him at the end of a round. I would have liked to have seen that from his perspective.

I think it was Miffy who was trying to snipe me as I ran at him at the end of a round. I would have liked to have seen that from his perspective.

Yes, yes it was. It was actually mildly horrifying watching bullet after bullet whiz past you as you zig-zagged towards me, then seeing a fully zoomed in view of your face a split second before the results from the round went up. It was just like that stereotypical scene in a PG-13 horror movie or TV show when someone is getting killed horribly but the camera cuts away at the very last second to keep the rating lower. I felt like I'd just been offed before a commercial break.

Heh, like it.

Spent a few hours with one of my mates trying to find the funniest ways to off Nico in this. One of the best, apart from jumping out of helicopers and ricocheting of skyscrapers, is the second to last that fatty did, but positioned and timed to hit the headlights of oncoming traffic :tup: