syntheticgerbil

Ridiculous

Good lyrics, but the chorus and music is utterly generic pop IMO. You can get the same from any Kylie clone.

I think the title may be a reference to MGS3.

You Brits sure like them female pop songstresses, don't you? That was about all I heard on the radio for two months when I was there. :fart:

You Brits sure like them female pop songstresses, don't you? That was about all I heard on the radio for two months when I was there. :fart:

Like I said; Kylie Klones :hmph:

On the plus side it is much more bearable than the deluge of boy-bands and girl-groups that we had in the 90s. Those kind of acts are still around of course - thanks to the likes of X-factor ad nauseam - but they are not as all-pervasive. Thank fuck.

Bah. Man I'm getting so sick of this style of female vocals, of basically just speaking with a melody and adding a tiny little vibrato to the end of some phrases, and starting certain syllables with that little croaking noise. There's no versatility and body to it, and the producer clearly knows it because when they get to a chorus and need it to be catchy, they have to layer and process the vocal track.

Also, lines like "I'm not a saint, but I'm not a sinner" should be banned or something at this point.

(All this from a guy who wrote a song about a character named "Senor Super Douche.")

Also, lines like "I'm not a saint, but I'm not a sinner" should be banned or something at this point.

To be fair I think all the lyrics in that particular song are meant to be sarcastic and/or ironic. Which adds a smidgeon of freshness in that regard - not that the legions of fans will even notice and will probably take the song to be an endorsement of consumerism and fame-seeking.

Good points about the voice though, I hadn't noticed that trick in the chorus.

edit: actually Lily Allen is one of the better of the bunch (I think Duffy might be better than most too, but I can never bear to listen to the radio enough to form that strong an impression). She's consciously influenced by R&B but not derivative in that direction (just other directions).

And how can you not like this video?

I think I tend to agree with Dan in that it's an ironic song.

Not really my cup of tea though.

It's clearly an ironic song, but I don't see the irony in that particular line, or at least I didn't when I listened to it.

I've got some reasons you shouldn't like Lili Allen

1. What Chris said

2. what SignorSuperdouche said and

3. Listen to her! ;( she's a chav!

:D! I hope I have helped solve your problem :)

Also that song sounds a bit like it's missing something. It seems a bit watery or something. Please don't be intimidated by my use of highly technical musical terms ¬¬

If you need more convincing, here are some videos of Lily's other songs:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0WxDrVUrSvI&feature=channel

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE

etc

Edit: Yeah okay you're right, that one song is pretty catchy ¬¬ I still hate Lily Allen with all my heart though ¬¬

Edited by Yufster

Additionally, various things she's done have made it very clear that she's a total cunt.

Okay the song grew on me, I begrudgingly admit it's quite good and I like it. However Nick raises an excellent point.

Are you sure he's not confusing her with Amy Winehouse? I get them mixed up all the time.

Are you sure he's not confusing her with Amy Winehouse? I get them mixed up all the time.

I am not.