Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Thumb Auto 2: Return of The Thumb

I can make 9 p.m. tonight.

I'll try for 9p.m. if it's tomorrow, but 9.30 is more probable. Would it be too much hassle for me to find you guys and join that late? If so, I can cut DS night very short to make it on time.

Well it's a deciding vote from you, really. I'm not sure if everyone is keen to do two nights(?). Also, I may only be there at 9.15 tonight... I'm lame. I know.

Given that Mr Peel missed last week - and n0wak didn't - I say we should play tonight. If people want to play tomorrow too, fine.

Ironically, I may now not be able to play tonight now anyway (though I definitely intend to if possible). T has suddenly become quite ill this lunchtime and will probably be pretty restless once he's gone to bed later.

With regards to timing, just turn up when you like. The whole "2100 GMT / 1400 EST" is simply because we have to start at some point. Once things have begun, however, just pile on--it's what we did last week and LIVE is built for that anyway. :)

So no pressure, just a pleasure to get as many Thumbs together as we can. :tup:

I don't know, but that had some brilliant moments! My first contact with anyone was nearly getting run over by Thunderpeel, then shoving a rocket up his arse while his car tangled with a lamp post. Also managed to snipe Villane through his windscreen in the same free for all :)

On the first team match when Toblix was driving all of us around I managed to get the Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie thing, which was exciting until I realised you get it for killing someone who killed someone who killed someone (etc). who killed a RS developer at some point.

During team deathmatch we (actually everyone except the really good teams) didn't seem to be picking up much money. I made sure to grab everything I could and often found it just lying around where people had had big fights and left it. Thunder and I stayed on for some good team deathmatch after the rest of you left too, and despite some incredibly awesome players around we did okay :tup:

Good playing with you all :)

Damn, sounds fun. School is over after Friday, so hopefully my afternoons will clear up for a few weeks and I can get in on the next round.

Aye! Good with playing with you all. Shame the headset thing wasn't working. (Although if you could hear someone swearing profusely, it was probably me.) Those players were TOO damn difficult. It's very annoying when you get some dude who's impossibly good.

Still, there was some hilarious moments. Like the time (I think) Toblix was in the backseat and I decided I'd try and kill him by driving at highspeed into a wall (but jumping out just before, so I wasn't too badly injured, natch)... but he obviously saw it coming and jumped out just before me. I ended up jumping out too late and slamming into the wall myself... then getting shot by Toblix :shifty:

Anyways, hopefully next time we'll get some not-so-good opponents :)

Yeah, I saw the clan tags turn up in the lobby and though "Oh shit". They were almost impossibly good, i.e., getting kills when we so far away that we could hardly see each other through the distance fog.

The others weren't so good (You and I came ahead of one team in the last match with three teams), just those green tagged guys who ripped everyone apart. I was quite relieved when the four of us moved through the park to start on purple and red near the end of that game.

Also, last night I saw a lot of small bits of the map that I didn't see at all while playing on single player. That park and the nearby sports courts - never went near them before, must have just drove past. That bodes really well for the DLC I think.

Sounds like you gents had a good session.

Would anyone be up for tonight as well..? T slept all night in the end (was completely wiped out, poor little sod) and appears to be much better today, so I could get online later if anyone's up for another session this week.

I'll take a pop at being online. Housemates might be playing badminton.

Sounds like you gents had a good session.

Would anyone be up for tonight as well..? T slept all night in the end (was completely wiped out, poor little sod) and appears to be much better today, so I could get online later if anyone's up for another session this week.

Man, I totally sucked at it, though. I even kept getting the buttons mixed up, having not played GTAIV for months and just played mirror's edge before :)

I'm Villane0 if anyone didn't know.

I couldn't make it again--sorry for the faffing around. Having thought he'd gotten through the worst of it, T was suddenly very ill again yesterday evening. ;(