ThunderPeel2001

Molyneux on Fable II... "It's flawed"

"There are low spots in the game and it's no one's fault that these low spots are there, it's just that there's a lot to this game," Molyneux said. "You've got to remember that we're not building a corridor game here where you can say 'right, in one hour fifteen minutes, someone's going see that light and we're going make that light like this.'

"I think the lip-sync is pretty bad, you know, the quality of the animation falls off, you know, quite a lot, I think the navigation can be a bit dodgy sometimes, I think the dog can get a bit fractured sometimes. But those are sideline issues, you're not going to care about those, they're technical issues, and I wish we'd had time to polish every single tiny second of the game."

Despite the flaws, the outspoken game designer says he's "incredibly proud" of what his team at Lionhead has managed to create. "You can measure me by this game," he said.

"I haven't made the mistakes I made in Fable 1 and tried to shove all the game features into the game," he added. "You know, I'm immensely proud of what we've done. The story is incredible.

http://www.computerandvideo games.com/article.php?id=197136

But didn't he recently give the game "nine out of ten"? I'm getting mixed signals here :hmph:

GamesRadar interviewed him the other day and he categorically denied ever saying that. I think it was a misquote or complete fabrication that grew legs. We all know the games press doesn't need to do something as outlandish as research of sources, right? :shifty:

It's a pretty good interview:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/interview-peter-molyneux-opens-up-about-fable-2/a-20080917102625140012

He seems very down-to-earth and likeable. :tup: