Sign in to follow this  
Ginger

The Last Guy Presentation

W00t some original funny marketing, it made me go and find out more about the game, which looks like it could be good. The Last Guy

The Goat was the highlight for me.

It'd be funnier if they were the real programmers... :shifty:
What makes you think they're not?

I know plenty of programmers like that. Hell, put a webcam in the IT room in my office and you'll get... hours and hours of nothing but fingers moving on keyboards. But you'll get a total of about two and a half minutes of gold every day!

Oh, and after watching that video I actually went to the head of HR and suggested she buy an office goat to boost morale.

What makes you think they're not?

I checked.

From what I can tell they're just actors... which kind of makes the thing pretty lame, if you ask me. If they're the programmers, I love it. If they're not, I don't. (Sounds fickle, doesn't it?)

The video made me giggle.

Sadly the Dev Studio is based in Japan, by all accounts. But with the IT explosion in India and other parts of Asia, this dream may one day be a reality. Hell, someone here could even migrate over there and set one up...

Bought this the other day - didn't notice the demo until after I'd paid for it :/

Anyway, it is actually quite good fun, and surprisingly addictive. The game's major tradeoff is getting a longer line of people behind you (for which you get massive bonuses) vs the ease with which monsters will pitch into your line of refugees and force them to take cover in the nearest building making you go and collect them again.

I think I've managed 946 people in a line before bottlnig it and making a beeline for the escape zone. Collecting 350 people+ from one building is no joke, and could take up to a minute or more. On levels that give you three minutes to complete the objectives, you fail!

Also, I'm surprised at how difficult the game makes it - there's no 'easing you into it" - the second level is a long thin map with not a great deal of time and lots of zombies. I had many goes at it, and it made me angry, much to a friend's delight...who then completed the level on his first go. :gaming:

Still, I reckon it's worth a fiver, as it's occupied about 4 hours of my time already, and I find myself wanting to go back for more.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/905/905778p1.html