Wrestlevania

Avast, it be Thumb Island!

Finally got around to fiddling with Google Lively for a few minutes this morning and have created a room for Thumbateers everywhere:

google-lively-thumb-island.jpg

It's very basic at the moment, but it's open for anyone to add as much crap as they like. So dive in! I'll be in there while I'm at work.

I'll fire up my dusty PC at the weekend for a look.

i like the stereotypical professor hair on your avatar :)

I added an extra chair, a poster, a plant pot and a sofa, I circled the island, got bored and logged out. Like Sony's HOME I'm having a hard time coming to terms with what use it will actually be, though I did like how it works straight from the browser (as is all the rage). I'm sure there is an audience for this sort of thing (3D chat application) but it's just another in a long line of products which goes to show that nothing, nothing, beats Microsoft Comic Chat. Seriously, that was the shit!

Hahaha, oh man. What a dire island we have. :getmecoat

It is quite impressively put together though, and I can very easily see this becoming a mega hit with the younger side of the internet. I know my sisters would love this, and there're limitless adolescents and stuff who totally lap up things like this, Habbo Hotel, etc.

Props to Google, but not something I can see keeping me interested for long.

For the most part it does seem to be just a graphical chatroom :tmeh: But here and there I find little touches that suggest it could be more - like the way the TV screens can play Youtube videos.

Fantastic work - love the huge gun and that massive pile of bookcases on top of the palm tree.

I've been out of the office unexpectedly today - and will be again for most of tomorrow - so apologies if I wasn't there when I said I would be.

Fantastic work - love the huge gun and that massive pile of bookcases on top of the palm tree.

I've been out of the office unexpectedly today - and will be again for most of tomorrow - so apologies if I wasn't there when I said I would be.

guilty...

in fact, I made it even worse this time. apperently... couches float... and now we have a space station

See, worth trying wasn't it?

I had a very nice exchange of pleasantries with our very own DanJW earlier (but had to go into a meeting quickly after).

There's an even more tasteful picture and video in there now. ;

lively_thumbs_room.jpg

the pictures and audio don't work for me :(

the best feature of our island is the hidden space station with pig laser

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

all that work to pile up those closets and stuff on the Thumb Island... all for nothing.