toblix

Ordered Three DS games

Phoenix Wright 4, Professor Whateverthefuck and Advance Wars. I don't know anything about Advance Wars! This is going to be awesome!

Dual Strike or whatever the new one is called? Played and loved Advance Wars: DS and should probably get the new one, but honestly the DS hasn't been getting that much love lately. I don't know how that came to be, exactly. All I know is that over the last two months or so if I'm taking a portable with me, it's been the PSP and I can't quite work out why.

Oh man, is the new Ace Attorney out already? I'm still finishing up the third one! Damn, I'm slow.

I'm passing on Professor Leyton - it seems very puzzley and not very plot-heavy. But cool otherwise! They're running a bunch of ads for it here in D.C. - I think to coincide with the Anime convention.

I passed on the first Advance Wars DS. I should probably get this one.

I'm passing on Professor Leyton - it seems very puzzley and not very plot-heavy. But cool otherwise! They're running a bunch of ads for it here in D.C. - I think to coincide with the Anime convention.

I picked up this one and I've started playing it. It's fun. There is a story there but if you're looking for good pacing and progression through the story, you may be disappointed. It's extremely puzzle heavy. Occasionally, the puzzles make sense with respect to what's happening in the story but mostly they're just there. The premise is that this little town is full of puzzle lovers and you are investigating this inheritance in that kind of environment. You may be on your way looking for something to do with the story and you'll strike up a conversation with someone. They'll give you what you need after asking you to figure out a puzzle.

There are also other little tasks that may or may not have anything to do with the story (I haven't gotten far enough to figure that out), but they look like they'll be kind of fun. Visually, it's a great looking game and I think there's a lot of game and playing time there.

Interestingly, there is also some voice acting in this game. Overall, I'm having fun with it, but you need to love puzzles. If you don't, I think you may be disappointed.

I'd be interested to know what the new Advance Wars is like. I was enjoying Dual Strike, but got to "Crystal Calamity", had a few goes at it and thought "Fuck this". I normally go all out to complete games, but really can't be arsed with something that has that extreme a difficulty spike.

I imagine many people are going to take forever over turns. I wonder if there's a time limit? :)

Ah, difficulty spikes, my favourite!

The Meat Circus is absolutely nothing compared to Crystal Calamity.

They're all in the mail now. Just the thought of playing more Phoenix Wright* makes me forget that I'm drinking a constant stream of clotted blood and pus. Almost forget.

*Apollo Justice or whatever.

They're all in the mail now. Just the thought of playing more Phoenix Wright* makes me forget that I'm drinking a constant stream of clotted blood and pus. Almost forget.

*Apollo Justice or whatever.

Okay! I don't understand this post, so I guess we are even toblix. ;)

He just got his wisdom teeth out, I believe is what he means.

Sounds like something to look forward to...