Sign in to follow this  
adfegg

Half-Life - Advice needed

So, I'm currently playing Half-Life for the first time ever(the FPS genre passed me by until quite recently) and I seem to have hit a brick wall.

I'm in the level called 'Apprehension' in an area with a sea creature in the water below and a handy crossbow in the shark cage above. Now, if I'm lucky I do manage to score enough hits on the monster to kill it, a few seconds before I drown. The damn thing just moves too fast, what else should I be doing?

If I remember correctly, you should concentrate on getting the crossbow before taking out the beast.

Yeah, there is a way to get in that cage before going in the water, and the crossbow is the best weapon you have against the alien shark (damn that thing is scary!)

Oops, sorry. I thought I had made it understood that I did have the crossbow in the scenario I described above.

Hmmm, it is a tough fight. I guess just try and grab some breaths while fighting it. Remember that using using sprint will also decrease your oxygen.

In the sloping hallway where you can get back to dry ground the icthyosaur can't get to you (it's too big), so just stay in there and shoot out as best you can (IIRC; maybe my memory of the geometry is wrong).