Sign in to follow this  
BooJaka

DS Calibration

I've had a problem with the calibration on my DS for a while now. For some reason it always thinks I'm tapping slightly to the left of where I actually am. Now, this has never been too much of a problem before and nothing I can't really compensate for until last night when none of my attacks were working in Zelda. It's very frustrating. :(

I've been through the calibration thing but it just cycles through the same three hotspots endlessly. This morning I was doing it for 11 minutes (yes, I timed myself) and nothing.

Anyone know anything about it?

Have you checked for crumbs in the grooves around the screen? I seem to remember people fixing touch screen precision issues by scraping shit out with a knife or something.

No not with a knife but the crumbs thing is still possible. I haven't done it yet just because I can'tthink of a safe way for me to do it for me and my little DS

The calibration on my DS went completely screwy. I could recalibrate it and it would be fine for a short while and then go completely off again.

I was sad :sad:

Then I got a DS Lite.

Edit: Also stop using breadsticks as a replacement for the stylus!

Try cleaning out the edges with a cue-tip dipped in (medicinal) alcohol, maybe?

SiN

I tried it with a train ticket and, while it definitely got cleaner, didn't help my calibration whatsoever.

Also I ended up having to catch the train to Fareham...