Spaff

Crayon Physics

Haha, Crysis is not a very good Video game.

Then again, I did have great fun punching sheds.

erm... I haven't it since I bought it, so I'm still on island #3

I think this is a good game but not a great one. You just have to stop yourself comparing it to World of Goo - it doesn't have the same sense of atmosphere and emotional connection to the goos.

Standing alone, it's simple, fun and I'd still be playing it if it had a frigging undo feature. I got sick of having to restart levels from scratch.

Use "space" to restart a level. And most/all levels can be completed by drawing 1 object (and maybe 1 pin). So I don't think undo is that important.

I gave up in the second island, where you have to draw levers and, often, a second object like a ramp or a box. Sometimes I'd make a perfect lever but my ramp would fall down (or vice versa) and it irritated me that I'd have to start from scratch rather than just redraw the offending object.

Yes, I'd forgotten that when I wrote the last post. I'll give another example and I hope that I'm not really getting to the point of splitting hairs.

Say I need to get the ball across a gap. I draw a really good ramp and then drop a box on it to get it moving; only I draw the box badly and the ball rolls in the wrong direction and falls off the screen. It would be good if I could keep the ramp and go back to before I drew the box.

*shrug*

I'm just going to shut up now, seeing as I've uninstalled it and I'm working from a memory of frustration.

That's it... I'm not going to buy any game anymore in the first few months after release.

Unless I really want to play that game.

I got it for $5, which translated to about £3.20. Been waiting for it to drop to about that but it never has, and based on the demo it was neat, but definitely not £15+ of neat.

Dammit HughesNet...I got a damned error when I hit send before and lost what I typed in...trying again after taking a break:

I bought the game off Steam during the whole big sale and I really love the music (and the game). It makes me feel like a kid...gives me this strange happy child-like and calm feeling...I just really love the feel of it.

And its fun.