Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Community service

I've been browsing the shack comments lately and they have a few handy greasemonkey scripts. I've adapted one of them for the idle thumbs forums: The youtube embedinator. What this script does, surprisingly, is change any link to a youtube (or liveleak, or break.com) movie into the embedded movie itself. So you can watch the movie from the comfort of this very forum! Saving you form the horrible youtube comments and wear & tear on your browser back button.

I took the liberty of uploading the script in case you want to try this greasemonkey script yourself. You can get it here.

When you've got it up and running the youtube link below should give you the youtube player right in this forum! :tup:

wear & tear on your browser back button.

I'm using the mouse gestures extension for firefox. Whenever I want to go back, I just hold the right mouse button and move the mouse a little to the left. Love it. Anyway, the script seems like it could come in handy, but also be abused. I guess if the script is implemented, should it be post-limited alá new users not being able to post new topics?

It's entirely clientside. So you can only use it when you install the greasemonkey extension and grab the script from my site. So there is no need to limit anything.

The idea of having videos embedded in forum posts is very nice for users. I know there's at least one forum mod out there that lets you do this using BBcode, but I never got around to bringing it up here... :shifty:

even though the back button is the only button left in my browser I don't use it, I use middle mouse click to open links in new tabs

That is a video of the serpent mother. See my thread 'how was your weekend' for more info on it :)