Sign in to follow this  
BooJaka

Nintendo announce WiiWare

I agree with Marek in that less filtering is good : if it means a higher rate of shitty games it also means more games, more diverse delivered regularly once the channel is up... and that's the most interesting part.

The disappointing bit to me is still the price of the devkit ( 7500 $US in the worst case) considering there already exists free amateur SDKs for the Gamecube and that Nintendo might not provide to indie developers the same support - QA, etc...- that 'normal' developers get. But even XNA has its own flaws as it seems you can't have people playing your game if they didn't pay the fee for XNA.

Still agreeing with Marek, I think that Nintendo should spend most of their effort in organizing the channel because 1- if there is a lot of content they'll need to in order for people to find their puppies 2 - if they want digital distribution to reach out to the non-gaming audience that came to the Wii, they'll need some way to catch their attention

Just tip-toeing (a word which Firefox assures me is spelt correctly) back to the "New games on Wii" issue, this could be pretty good news.

So it's only a rumour and I don't know too much about the first Katamari but if it actually happens it could spell good things for the future of Wii.

Anyone want to bet we'll see the first neon-coloured top down shooters pop up within the first months?