Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

Forza Motorsport 2

Anyone already playing this? I know it's been out in the States (at least) since last Monday, much to my chagrin, but isn't released in the UK until this Friday.

Having become totally addicted to the original recently, via backward compatability, I can't wait to play the sequel with all it's next-gen (and gameplay) refinements. In fact, I'm off to pre-order mine tonight from Blockbuster; trading in Gears of War and paying £9.99 seems like a stonking deal to me.

So it's bye-bye next-gen Operation Wolf, hello sexy-motor-racing-goodness-that-doesn't-automatically-despise-me-because-I'm -not-Michael-Schumacher.

Yes, I'm looking at you, Gran Tourismo... :(

I'm in the same boat as far as being taunted by the release date. Going to pick it up right away on Friday, even considering buying a wheel...

I'm actually mostly excited about customizing my car, with the livery looking incredibly powerful.

I actually find Gran Turismo pretty forgiving, especially the later versions, since you can coach your car along in B-Spec and earn cash for upgrades like that, if you find races to hard to start with. I guess you have to find the general handling to your liking though, which I do. The games just feel very responsive and nothing unpredictable is going on.

Been meaning to pick it up for a while, and grabbed it this afternoon after arguing with the bureaucrats at the uni for a while (grrr... obstruct my scholarship, will you?) to take me to a happier place. Loaded it up and started making a carreer profile when I got an invite to a race from Wrestlevania. In the tray for less than 5 minutes and I'm having a good time online. Kudos to MS for making it work so smoothly. I'll probably try and play for a while later tonight in carreer mode to get some cars tweaked and maybe mess around with paint jobs. Still, the 7 or so races that I had today were very nice, and I'm looking forward to more time spent with this game. Never really been one for Simulation racers, but I can see how the online really makes this one a different experience. :tup:

Yes, it was a great laugh, Miff.

Apologies if that was chucking you in at the deep end--I assumed it was just the first time I'd seen you online playing Forza 2.

Hopefully I'll be able to use voice chat next time.