Sign in to follow this  
twmac

A salute to SNKPlaymore's Marketing team

SNKPlaymore are still making some pretty fine games, they have managed to keep a good team together and in some cases (NeoGeo Battle Colliseum, Metal Slug 4,5,6) they have gone above and beyond the old SNK frnachises.

The problem is that they seem to have the same Marketing/PR group they had before, as they really dont have a clue what they are doing when it comes to actually selling games.

Sure, you don't need TV ads and Bilboards, and I'm sure that is out of their scope. But why, why would you release a RPG/card collecting game for the DS in the same week as the Pokemon release?

SNKPlaymore need to sack these guys as they've guranteed that about one person (that being me) is going to buy a copy of SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters this week. That is if I can even find a copy locally as no shop has bothered to even stock it (one guy told me that I couldn't pre-order a copy as they didn't know whether they were going to get any, ever).

Pretty much anyone I managed to get to show any interest in it has now bought Pokemon diamond/pearl (everyone is hooked, it seems to be very good indeed).

Come on SNK isn't even like you had it in development, seeing as it was out in Japan last December, so the only person I can blame is Japanese to English localisation tester. :shifty: