Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Picross DS? More like [yawn]

So I just got Picross DS in the mail (together with Hotel Dusk and Minish Cap!)

Anyway, I fired up Picross and this happened:

1. Something happened (I think it was the WiFi searching sound or something).
  2. Two buttons appeared next to each other on the lower screen.
  3. WTF.

So, is there a magical English guide for this, like the Ouendan! one, or do I just push things at random? Am I supposed to choose whether or not to connect to the intarnet or what?

UPDATE: I just found the magical English guide here!

It's asking you if you want to use buttons or the stylus to play. It doesn't matter, you can change it on the puzzle select screen by touching the Control Pad/Stylus icon in the top right of the touch screen. The icon displayed is the control method that you will use if you start to play.

Also, a round of applause for yet another brilliant title. :clap: You never cease to amaze me.

This game is super addicting, also great!

I'm not quite able to navigate the WiFi menus though, but we'll get to that later.

Also, what's the question at the beginning of every game? If I click the left button, there's a roulette-ish thing going on. I usually click the little x to make it go away. What is it?

Also, what's the question at the beginning of every game? If I click the left button, there's a roulette-ish thing going on. I usually click the little x to make it go away. What is it?

Mine has yet to arrive, but from what you describe, I think that's a bit of a helper. If you click on "hai" (line, loopy line, two lines curving into each other) It'll do it's roulette thing and clear out one row and one column for you before you start as a handicap. Clicking on iie (two lines curving into each other, two more lines curving into each other, cursive "h" looking thing with a tick mark over it) you'll be given no handicap.

Sorry 'bout my clumsy descriptions of the hiragana, but I have no idea how to type them into a forum.

BigJKO, as for release outside of Japan, don't hold your breath. Just import it if you want. Region free is your friend.

Miffy if you like I can send you a PM about how to type Hiragana / Katakana / Kanji in any program that supports it.

Yeah, basically, the first thing it's asking you is "With hint?" Yes / No

So the third option, the red x, basically means "Haresugai Konomedo!"?