Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Activision Australia re-releases old Adventure Games!

Yay! I have right here, on my desk, as I type this, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango! Throttle was the only LucasArts adventure game I didn't actually own - I have all the rest. Grim didn't work on my current computer with XP (it would boot in, let me watch the intro and get into Manny's office, then quit back to XP). This one does! And depending where you go, prices for these games range from AU$8 to AU$15. Pretty damn cool. Titles released include:

- Curse of Monkey Island

- Full Throttle

- Sam and Max Hit the Road

- Grim Fandango

- The Dig

- Some awful Star Wars games I don't care about

If you don't have any of these games and can't find them (or they won't run on your PC), most of the listed titles seem to be found here for AU$10. This works out to be about US$7.70, 4 pounds (can't find the pound symbol) and 6 Euro (can't find the Euro symbol either).

Just thought you would all like to know.

Interesting. Activision used to be the original publisher for Lucasfilm Games before it became LucasArts. I wonder if there's still some kind of connection.

Activision still handles basically all of LucasArts' non-North American distribution, so it's apparently within the power European and Australian branches (at least) to reissue the games when they see fit. It remains to be seen if LucasArts will ever wise up and release another classics pack on their own in the States, but maybe if they look at the international sales of these re-releases and see that the marketplace realities are counter to prior predictions, we could get something headed our way (which I will probably buy).

Wow, that was a slippery slope and a run-on sentence. Anyway, I'm not holding my breath.