Sign in to follow this  
arrr_matey

Doom

As an aside, there are fairly substantial rumours that Half Life 2 will include, as an extra, the whole of Half Life (1), converted to the Source engine. Even if the main game sucks total balls, this is reason enough to buy it. :gaming:

I'm pretty sure that the conversion of the entire Half Life 1 game to Source is fact, I've seen some very pretty screenshot comparisons of the same areas in the original and updated engines. I'm pretty sure it's still at an early stage though, so whether or not it'll be bundled for free is another matter entirely. That would rock!

I've just finished replaying Half-life 1 in preperation for the sequel (although I probably won't get Half-life 2 for ages). Last year I also replayed Quake and two of it's add-on packs and didn't find it boring. Brainless, yes, but fun all the same.

Next time it's a rainy day I may very well download Doom and J-Doom (or whatever it's called) and play it through. The idea of improved graphics and mouse-looks really appeals to me.

I'm pretty sure that the conversion of the entire Half Life 1 game to Source is fact, I've seen some very pretty screenshot comparisons of the same areas in the original and updated engines. I'm pretty sure it's still at an early stage though, so whether or not it'll be bundled for free is another matter entirely. That would rock!
It's complete and will be bundled, afaik.

That's quite annoying really - I should have waited for Half-life 2 until I replayed the original. I wonder if the add-on packs will also be rebundled with it? That would be super-awesome.

Yeah, I saw that collector's edition in play.com's coming soon list, I'll propably buy it too.

I got mine there too...

Now if only I could find all the mods I had back then....

I've only found a Sailor Moon WAD in my old Zip disks for now...

What? Sailor Moon was popular back then too! :shifty: