Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

more complete idiocy

What are they feeding these people?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070105/D8MF7RHO0.html

In many games, players who enter the top-secret "cheat code" could become invisible, get unlimited ammunition or play in an all-powerful God mode. Or they'd play for hours until discovering brightly decorated circles or balls - known as Easter eggs - that unlocked bonus points, monster-slaying swords, extra lives or infinite health.
"It's really dumbed-down gamers - it doesn't make them think as much," McMullen said. "People cheat because they can - because there's an option that makes their lives easier."
Aubrey McMullen, 27, who's been playing video games since he was 4, cheats in "Grand Theft Auto," a game with more cheats than almost any other.
ORLY?
But beyond running crass advertisements on billboards written into the gaming landscape, many game developers now accept product placements for milk, DVDs and other wares, embedding them deep into the game's software codes. You'd need the type of secret tips and tricks long circulated for unlocking special powers and other bonuses

According to Marek Gamers cheat 9000% of the time or something. (Charles Cecil wants your number). But GTG now, I MUST CONTINUE MY HUNT IN GAMES FOR BRIGHTLY DECORATED BALLS HIDDEN DEEP WITHIN THE GAME'S SOFTWARE CODES!!!!!21122212334

Actually I enjoyed one comment from Digg, where I saw this (kill me now) that said "WTF? Excite still exists?"

Actually I enjoyed one comment from Digg, where I saw this (kill me now) that said "WTF? Excite still exists?"

That is surprising, but it's an AP story so the link could have pointed to anywhere like, say, here. Reading that article on Excite might make it seem average, but reading it on Forbes makes it look even dumber!

But yeah, stupid.

Seems as though the author tried to cover in-game ads and EA's marketplace "unlockable" downloads but missed the mark completely, confusing a $5 car unlock with entering the Konami code or the Chris Houlihan Room.

I just read the whole article and I don't have a fucking clue what it's about. Is it about cheating? In-game advertising? Criticism towards either of these? Objective report?

What a complete waste of words. Worthless.