Tanukitsune

Neverwinter Nights 2

GOOD GRIEF! Ever since I installed the bleeping game I've gotten four blue screens of death, several crashed and the hard drive it was on is DEAD!

I removed the hard drive, and my PC was acting normal... until I reinstalled the dreaded game...

The PC crashed and I had to do some fidgeting and praying because the main hard drive had dissapeared too!

I hope they bloody fix this soon! From what I've heard it's crashing very frequently, but nothing as seriously as this... ;(

And yet, I'm positive NW2 is cause of all my grief, since they appeared with the game and dissapeared when I uninstalled it...

yeah my copy arrived yesterday and it's just plain ridiculous. loading-times are atrocious and now when I just decided it was worth playing after all, I run into this stupid error where it dumps you in a mini-map for a random-encounter and you can't exit the map!! just ridiculous! but reading what tanu went through I count myself lucky. You should sue their asses!

It's stable for me, but otherwise quite shite. Maybe it gets better, but I haven't played an RPG that starts that badly in years. Hey, get this...

You're a FOSTER son. Fresh.

Actually I find the story really engaging and rather enjoyed the game after overcoming the first "game-stopping" bug I described earlier especially the whole idea with the trial was quite nice. But now my latest safe-game doesn't work anymore because the game just hangs up on one of the MANY LONG loading screens. Ridiculous how this game got through Q&A...

It really is a shame that Obsidian didn't spend the time to overhaul the backbone of the game as I really like the storyline and the setting, but I am simply amazed at how lazy they were when it comes to loading times and scenarios. Not even the main setting, the city of Neverwinter is one scenario but three and to go from the docks to the other parts of town you have to go through the "travel" screen. And then you wait while the game loads for a minute or two. Oblivion took only seconds to load on my computer and now this??? Too bad. Gets a 6 out of 10 from me up until now, and I am being very generous.