toblix

Minish Cap?.... :)

Well, my favorite-est of Zeldas is Link's Awakening, but that may also have something to do with the fact that it was the first game that I ever beat. (I was 8 when I played it, and had never had the patience for a whole game before) I even did the whole trading game. Toblix, if you have the means to play an original GB game, do yourself a favor and track it down. Graphics whore or not, it's easily one of the best pre-GBA portable games.

And I don't care what anyone says, Zelda2: The Adventure of Link was brilliant and epic.

Link to the Past in addition to being the best Zelda game* is one of the greatest games ever. EVER. Anyone who says otherwise is a communist, an anarchist and a terrorist.

*) I haven't ventured far into the 3D Zeldas, but I have played the first two and some portable ones and am half-way through the Ocarina of Time.

Fear not Kingzjester you don't need to qualify your statement, I own and have played through all of the zelda games and yes, LttP is the best. Most definitely.

And I don't care what anyone says, Zelda2: The Adventure of Link was brilliant and epic.

I concur, although Link's Awakening is my favorite and LTTP is really the best one, Zelda 2 got way too shit a reputation for how awesome it is. When I got the Gamecube collection, I was expecting to play it for about 5 minutes and go back to the games that I'd already owned in some format and had beaten before. Not so, The Adventure of Link actually sucked me in, despite the fact that I played it about 16 (17?) years after its release.

Honestly, I really don't know how anyone can hate Tingle. The fact that his mere existence drives hardcore Zelda fans nuts fills me with glee. And that by the time Smash Bros. Melee rolled around, he'd already been in more games than Kid Icarus. Haw haw.

Hope the game gets a local release, mental title intact - I love to spend money, and Tingle could certainly help me do that, by the look of the game. The game's website is pretty nifty, too. And Tingle has a Tingle-puppy, also dressed up in Tingle tights.

Oh, just remembered two more great GBA games, but these are a bit harder to obtain as they're Jap, and fairly old:

- Guru Logic Champ (Excellent puzzle game where you manipulate blocks using a cannon manned by two ducks to make pictures)

- Kururin Paradise (The pinnacle of the series - the original was good, but this improves oh so much. Basic premise is to navigate a rotating stick through a maze without hitting the walls. MUCH more fun than it sounds, especially the mini-game where you mow the lawn using a helicopter.)

I love the idea of Tingle, but the voice sample that they use for him starts to grate on me after a while. Sounds like he's gargling sand or something. Otherwise, the whole "guy who thinks he is/wants desperately to be a fairy" bit always makes me smile when I run into him. That game does look like it has potential, though. Let's hope for a localization.

- Guru Logic Champ (Excellent puzzle game where you manipulate blocks using a cannon manned by two ducks to make pictures)

That's actually a very common type of puzzle game in Japan (often called Picross) -- there are tons of games like that. Hell, I made a simple one in Flash even. Personally, I liked the old Mario Picross on the original GB.

No, it's not Picross. Picross is different. Picross has you chipping away and marking squares. This game has you rotating the entire picture and firing bricks at other bricks to make the picture.

Guru Logic Champ

Mario's Picross

Picross is awesome too, but game play is totally different from Guru Logic Champ.

I stand corrected. I did a quick google search and it looked like a picross game. Guess not.